Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zo posted:

I know it's preferable to live in a world of simple rules like "sugar = bad", but we don't.

It's basically impossible to eat enough fruit that the sugar content exceeds healthy levels. In general they have lots of water and fiber and you'll feel full way before overeating. Then during digestion, the sugars take a lot of time to break down unlike corn syrup which just explodes into your liver. If everyone switched to a diet of 100% fruit (not even including veggies!), obesity would basically disappear. I think a few high sugar density exceptions exist though.

For example:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2013/07/31/making-the-case-for-eating-fruit/?referer=
This is how Steve Jobs killed himself so yeah please go do this and let us know when your pancreas explodes. Idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mandator posted:

do people really think they won't lose weight if they eat 1500 calories a day? that's, like, all you gotta do. maybe you have some gene that makes this "feel" impossible, i'll give u that

is anyone disputing this? if so, splain urself
Stupid and/or lazy people really think there's some magic reason they are fat and not because they eat too much because admitting as much means they hosed up.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RC always has to come out in these threads acting like he's going to educate goons about why we shouldn't judge people for loving up their bodies but sticks with it no matter how many times is told "lol no idiot". It's almost admirable if it wasn't so pathetic.

Edit: You want training yourself I've somehow taught my drunk on the weekend self to eat carrots and potatoes when I'm smashed instead of diving into a bag of Doritos. Even I'm surprised I've pulled that off.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 2, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Wizard of Poz posted:

actually wait isn't runupon the same fuckwit who always turns up in these threads posting about how fat people just darn can't help being fat? if only posting burned calories

Yep he's got some serious complex about this because he can't seem to get it right

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

losing weight is easy, just eat less and move more

~somebody who believes abstinence-only education works too
You are so stupid you actually believe all this don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sialia posted:

Actually had to look up HAES. What the gently caress is that?
'Focusing on health and wellbeing rather than weight control'?
What the actual gently caress?
If you want health and wellbeing weight control is like the most important and controllable aspect.

HAES is just short hand for "I have given up on up life but I'm no where near brave enough to actually consider suicide so I tell myself that my wildly out of shape self is just healthy as someone who puts in time to exercise."

They are also so used to felling kinda lovely that they think that's the normal when rest of us don't even feel that same level of bad that when we have the flu.

• Locked thread