Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
How do you "report" physical activity?
There's like no accurate way to do it
The calorie meters on cardio equipment are bullshit
If it's like "swam for 1 hr" that's even stupider because who knows how fast you were swimming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

runupon cracker posted:

sooooo an industry that's spent 40 years and millions of dollars in food engineering know very little about the body and made the population literally balloon into comedic levels of obesity totally by accident, but some poor schlub at home with $3 in his bank account and a GED can master weight loss "easily"

the mental gymnastics are breathtaking

they make food that way because it tastes good and is cheap to make

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

The Wizard of Poz posted:

It actually doesn't matter. The key to losing weight is diet, and then exercise just helps, you don't need to min/max it. The point of tracking it is just to make sure you do SOMETHING other than play WoW.
yes

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

504 posted:

Except the only people that believe this are enormous fatlords that never do a drat thing.

"Its a condition!! Everything tastes good!!*"

*Except salad.

"Eating salad makes you skinny" is actually a pretty useless attitude for weight loss

I'm not even talking about the fact that fat people put 1000 calories of dressing, bacon and croutons on their salad

In a broad sense, if you want to lose weight, you should focus on what not to eat, not what to eat. It's baffling, but lots and lots of people in this world are stupid enough to think if you eat like poo poo and then add salad on top of it, that's somehow a good thing.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

if i didn't have a good metabolism i would definitely be one of the people complaining about genetics even though I take zero care of myself or my diet

"good metabolism" = "low appetite", really. The differences between people's ability to process food and store fat are very small.

It's common to think "look at that skinny guy who eats Chipotle and 5 Guys all the time, he has such a fast metabolism!", but then if you actually track his calories, you'll realize that one meal at Chipotle is the majority of what he eats in a given day, compared to fat people who are snacking constantly

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Zzulu posted:

so include 30min of Nutrition in school once every month since kids are too dumb to know what to eat. Gotta start learning this poo poo sometime

At the risk of blowing a small phenomenon mostly confined to the Internet out of proportion, I wonder how worried policymakers are about HAES and offending fat people in general by doing this

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Azuth0667 posted:

HAES is awful. It should be used to provide support for dumb people that become anorexic/bulimic since they have hosed up body images for one reason or another. Instead it gets used for the morbidly obese to say they are healthy.

Yeah my buddy's sister was bulimic -- not fat at all just body dysmorphia

She went to treatment and suddenly wouldn't shut the gently caress up about HAES? Like what the gently caress did they tell her at treatment and why was it "being fat is OK" and not "you're not fat, idiot"

I guess you're saying that's the proper thing to do but IDGI, why tell her being fat is OK instead of trying to fix her hosed perception

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
She wasn't a delusional fat person though, she was a delusional normal person though? Do they not have separate treatment facilities/methods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Whatev posted:

Lol that must have done wonders for your bowels

That's what the fiber is for, it makes your turds top tier no matter what you eat

• Locked thread