Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hmm these people eating 6k cal daily must just have bad genetics!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So is this thread considered fatphobic hatespeech in QCS?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fat people have no Will. That's okay, because all life is struggle and competition and they've basically taken themselves out of the game.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreddout posted:

Is this the GBS hates fat people thread?

Yes. Were you looking for the women, gays or genderblob thread?

e: It's stupid easy to lose weight just with caloric reduction. Not everyone is going to be running 10k and doing chin-ups but anyone can eat less.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

WRT to exercise: People who were fit before and still have underlying muscle and skill can get back into it without too much difficulty, gradually losing fat as they lift more and put up better lap times. I honestly don't know how to help people who were never active. I can't imagine doing 10lb curbs or getting gassed after 500m, but I suppose everybody starts somewhere.

I think most people can reasonably do a plan like this without too much trouble: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/job-emploi/bso-asf/pare-tape-eng.html

Those with a dad-bod who really want to see what they're made of should try this: http://breakingmuscle.com/tactical-fitness/phase-1-special-forces-prep-structural-balance-strength-aerobic-base

Of course there's only one proven way to turn layabout unmotivated fatbodies into high performers...

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 2, 2016

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Rakosi posted:

You seem to think that if a lot of people can't/refuse to do something it must be too hard.

There is another possible explanation for this effect; a lot of people are lazy/unwilling and westerners are gradually devolving their ability to cope with even the smallest discomforts or inconveniences.

Nietzsche is the light.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Struggle makes you stronger. Discomfort makes you more resilient. Pain increases your endurance.

The love fat people have for comfort, more than anything is what makes them unlikable IMO.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

runupon cracker posted:

how do you think I lost weight?

Apparently having just enough willpower to get by until eating habits became routine?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Honestly being willing to suffer and have mental discipline is more important than any particular diet and exercise.

They key is to go without. Go without rest, go without satisfying cravings, go without the comfort you are used to.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

8 track betamax posted:

Says the man with over 900 posts in the wolrd of war craft forum

GiP?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fat people are unique in their outward appearance totally gives away their character.

I think that's why they hate being mocked, it's the acknowledgement that their fatness shows how lazy, greedy, immoderate, and undisciplined they are.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

waitwhatno posted:

eating 1400 kcal in addition to lifting and cardio for "two hours" each day would make you collapse after a week or so.

that's an enormous calorie deficit, no loving way you were lifting anything heavier than your dick eating like that.

I've seen athletes do it for short bursts to make weight. It seems like it's about mental endurance more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When I was on 2500 cal doing 2 10ks, 2 hrs gym time and a 15km ruck a day I felt like death, everything hurt, and I lost about 4lbs a week. I don't know what kind of fat Hercules could work harder with less food and not cut.

• Locked thread