Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Squeeze your right butt cheek two times and click on your left nipple to put the body into harvest mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mandator posted:

what's the problem with fat people? i don't get it

i become more attractive by comparison every single day thanks to obesity

it's a good thing

women got fatter too, so who are you even trying to attract at this point? they are all whales, just like the men

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

KVeezy3 posted:

Spare me the paleo pseudo science. Fruit juice is not the same as whole fruit. Insulin is the key to storing adipose tissue, and protein is a potent insulin stimulant by itself. Dietary fat can go straight into storage altogether. Don't be fooled by fads, sugar/carbs are not inherently evil. Carbs are seen as the boogeyman like the low fat diet in the 80's, and there was a point in history where protein was considered evil. They're all fueled by misunderstanding nutrition science research. The real reason why the Paleo diet is useful for controlling excessive fat storage is because it disallows processed foods altogether.

Excessive protein is not a good idea either. Protein sends a strong growth signal to your body, and excessive amounts are not a good thing when you're already a full grown adult (Cancer is a growth disease).

http://www.livescience.com/43839-too-much-protein-help-cancers-grow.html

I want to look good, not to live long. A light fuelled by protein burns a quarter as long, but twice as bright.

ArbitraryC posted:

You know how doctors talk about stuff like alcohol addiction and how some people are more prone to it than others? I'm guessing it's a bit like that. For a lot of people having a couple drinks at a social event and then stopping so they are safe to drive later is easy, for some people it's not. Substitute booze for hamburgers and blamo you have a fatty.

Alcohol addiction is different though. That poo poo turned out to be a genuine illness, where your brain chemistry shits itself and drinking becomes a compulsion for you. It has to do with the long term accumulation of some specific transcription factor, that I can't the remember the name of. Some people can get sick faster and easier than others, but it can potentially affect anyone.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm not fat expert but couldn't that be the same sit for modern foods that are literally designed to be addictive? Like there are food scientists who are paid bank to come up with ways to trick people to eat more, it seems pretty fair to guess that some people are more susceptible to those tricks than others.

The easiest way to diet is basically to avoid all processed foods but considering the trends it's pretty obvious that's something that's harder to do than it should be. Sure you can just write it off as a willpower problem among the entire world but I feel like the more pragmatic approach would be to engage the new stuff that's caused these obesity trends.

I dunno, maybe there is some addictive mechanism to food, but if there is, it's in a completely different league than alcohol. Widespread alcohol addiction is as old as civilization and extremely hard to cure with something like ~90% of people experiencing at least one fallback into drinking during their lifetime.

Widespread obesity on the other hand has literally appeared only a couple of decades ago and curing it is as simple as providing basic nutrition education to kids, writing a VR pokemon app for Android and iOS and not building your freaking cities like a retarded retard. Use your legs, it's what they are made for.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Walking is actually fun. If I have the time I walk everywhere, instead of taking the bike, bus or subway. Everyone who doesn't walk is missing out on life.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We are not talking about getting in shape and running a marathon here, this is about obesity. Quitting obesity is very, very easy.

Step 1: Next time you are buying soda, buy sugar free. They are right next to each other at supermarket.

Step 2: No step two

It's literally impossible to become a lard whale without a constant influx of carbonated sugar water into your body.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Honest confession that will probably get me banned: I like Coke zero better than normal sugar Coke.

Over here in free Europe we are still allowed to add aspartame to our soft drinks and it tastes so loving good. I don't even care about the cancer, it tastes so awesome.

US goons are really missing out on life. First no walking and now also no aspartame. Hell on earth.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm a moron and I probably don't have one iota more of willpower than a lard person. Lard person, if you are reading this, forget about that willpower bullshit. Buy sugar free soda, walk more, include more protein in your diet, prepare your own food, go shopping when you are in a good mood and don't buy crap(what you don't take home from the shop, you can't eat)

That willpower bullshit has been debunked by neuroscience a long time ago. Your brain does what it does, the trick is not to fight it but to manipulate it into doing your bidding. People who pretend like they have willpower simply created and environment for themselves where they never have to use it, that's the whole trick.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

8 track betamax posted:

Twice a day I stuff as much white rice into my belly as humanly possible and I've lost over 40 lbs

Switch to bacon so you can bulk, my man

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What if fat people are right and we are wrong? What if we are on the wrong side of history?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sonofsilversign posted:

take a multivitamin and fiber supplement and you can live off protien shakes woth no ill effects i did it when i was poor

Hey protein buddy

all the other kids in college ate rice and pasta when times got hard, but I bought a potato sack of mystery protein off eBay and ate that instead. it's much cheaper and has the bonus effect of suppressing your appetite, so you don't even feel like you are starving for real nutrition.

probably gave me cancer and brain damage, but who cares? cancer is gonna get cured in a decade or two and I don't need my brain anyway since I'm done with school

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

eating 1400 kcal in addition to lifting and cardio for "two hours" each day would make you collapse after a week or so.

that's an enormous calorie deficit, no loving way you were lifting anything heavier than your dick eating like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, i looked it up and 300lbs is ~136kg

stop trolling the fat thread, man. this is a safe space for fat sceptics and critics and we would like to keep it troll free.

• Locked thread