Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
if i didn't have a good metabolism i would definitely be one of the people complaining about genetics even though I take zero care of myself or my diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sonofsilversign posted:

take a multivitamin and fiber supplement and you can live off protien shakes woth no ill effects i did it when i was poor

i dont think telling fat people to eat less food that is also less fatty / sugary is going to help buddy, just a feeling

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

"good metabolism" = "low appetite", really. The differences between people's ability to process food and store fat are very small.

It's common to think "look at that skinny guy who eats Chipotle and 5 Guys all the time, he has such a fast metabolism!", but then if you actually track his calories, you'll realize that one meal at Chipotle is the majority of what he eats in a given day, compared to fat people who are snacking constantly

uhhh no? I eat anywhere from 3,000 - 5,000 calories a day and never go past 200lbs. I don't exercise at all and what I'm eating is the worst possible food.

Maybe something is medically wrong with me which is possible.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
it's possible i'm attributing terminal cancer to a fast metabolism.

that i can blame on genetics

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

jackyl posted:

I'm guessing because fats won't continue to pay for "treatment" where someone tells them they are gross and can fix it with work but will pay for someone to tell them they are healthy and will go back and pay for the same speech over and over

tangentially related but in the Star Citizen thread their community manager and his wife have ballooned to like 500-600 pounds.

He was hospitalized for life threatening sepsis and in the images on twitter you can see literature for healthy eating and losing weight the hospital gave him, and info on my fitness tracker.

Immediately after being released he posted on twitter about getting delivery cheesecake factory, followed a few days later by angry tweets about how the doctor said he was healthy and he doesn't understand why people keep telling him to lose weight.

followed by a tweet where he was eating a chocolate sauce / oreo and marshmallow cream sandwich the size of a cake.

So yeah, i can definitely see people paying for validation like that, since they will make it up if they have to. An "Official" message of validation probably saves them that little feeling of shame when they are stuffing their face. I can come up with ______ reason to eat an entire cake but if I have a doctor say my lifestyle is healthy I can be reassured in my decision to eat an entire cake.

• Locked thread