Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The last time I exercised, I was unemployed and taking advantage of it by at least trying to get healthy. I was lifting weights following some popular weightlifting plan about 3-4 times a week and was doing cardio 6 times a week. I'm 6 foot tall and was like 300lbs and that was after like 9 months of working out. I did my cardio on elliptical machines because I was afraid I was too fat that running on a treadmill would destroy my knees/ankles.

This is no exaggeration, I was doing 50-60 miles of cardio a week on the elliptical machines, usually 2 hours a day and I was working out twice a day for lifting and cardio on some days. (I was taking days off from lifting to rest.) The month before I quit working out I lost like 2lbs and was getting frustrated so I switched things up, doing the burst thing with cardio where you go as fast as you can at intervals... forget what it's called. I lost zero pounds for the entire month. I was asking about "starvation mode" in the goon thread and most said it doesn't actually exist.

I basically made exercising my job for almost an entire year.

This is usually the part where people tell me my diet must be poo poo. I was keeping myself to like 1400 calories I think? I was measuring everything and actually keeping track, eating mostly grilled chicken with brown rice. I was drinking water primarily.

TLDR: If genetics, a persons metabolism and/or some other uncontrollable factor like gut bacteria or one's own body perception negatively influencing the brain aren't the primary issues for obesity in some portion of the population then I would be really surprised.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread