Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Most of the time my opinions on this show can be called "Unkind" but stuff like this usually makes it worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

504 posted:

So honestly..

Is this a good show with a normal fanbase (BSG, Breaking bad, Walking dead etc) or one of those sci-fi channel shows that fans are rabid over but the normals think is garbage?

It is an astoundingly mediocre show that is redeemed by good costume design and gore effects and I am not sure if there is a noteworthy fanbase out there

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Who told them about the diluted vampire juices?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Eichhorst is being exceptionally smug. Even for him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The only cure is a head-ectomy :gibs:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just catching up now, were the SWAT vampires in the books as well and did they get linked out just as quickly? Was Blade in the books too?

They were not. Though Blade was and he did a lot of the things the SWAT vampires did in the first season

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Who's your favorite exterminator :smug:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
If that inquiry is meant to be a joke I would be happy to ride in silence :geno:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh hey it's that navy seal guy

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bull3964 posted:

So, did I miss something or is the master's worm still MIA?

The impression I got is that he found a new body, otherwise the vamps wouldn't be able to do the stuff they did in this episode. It just hasn't been revealed to the viewers yet.

Usually that means it's an established character and he's been hiding in plain sight for a few episodes but this is not the kind of show that can pull off that twist and make it believable

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 3, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That ship contains the trapped ancient, doesn't it.

I don't see how it could be anything else

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Eichhorst with the important questions

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gus flashback

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tenzarin posted:

That was a good episode. And because I read spoilers for the books, I'm guessing the crate is a red herring. Just trying to connect how they get to the next part in one episode.

Or the crate does have the lost Ancient in it, but Quinlan is wrong and the Master just wants to steal the body.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 17, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Would it be more efficient to drain a human all at once or just do a little at a time and let them replenish, then harvest them again?

The books eventually go into detail about this Everyone gives one pint every five days until they are too old or infirm to not give blood, then they get harvested Not sure if the show will go that route or not but all signs point to yes

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ruddiger posted:

Anyone have any gifs of Angel transforming to his lucha gear before blowing up? I was bummed that he died, but what a glorious way to go.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
drat it Eichhorst you're trusting ZACK not to push the button on a nuclear bomb just for funzies? :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ok seriously Zack needs some kind of medal for this poo poo. Worst kid character in the history of fiction

• Locked thread