Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tenzarin posted:

Jack Kesy as Gabriel Bolivar/The Master, a philandering rock star with an appetite for recreational drugs and is one of the Master's vampire acolytes before becoming the Master's current host body.

What the hell is this, post the real photo of the Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

It's sort of like the Walking Dead, it's where bad plot means occasionally awesome set piece action scenes and practical effects.

At least Strain is bad in a pretty funny way instead of feeling like a funeral procession.

Also it did have one good joke, so that's something it has over TWD:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

funny way to spell posted:

This episode reminded me of in S2 when we saw those cool SWAT vampires who then all died by the end of the episode except it was SEAL guys this time who are less cool but it still felt the same.

You mean those guys who died to UV exposure after first appearing in full sunlight without any discomfort?

Millions of Crows posted:

Zack is the worst. Easily surpassing Carl as the dumbest of kid characters on a cable series.

:agreed:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They are turning him into the most insufferable vampire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, in this case it's not really canon, just basic story continuity. Though I too did basically forget that silver was a thing, on account that even the protagonists have largely moved to just shooting the vamps.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Apoplexy posted:

I'm... sure someone can go through the show and disprove that little counter. I'm not going to, but I'm sure SOMEONE can watch, see when day transitions to night and back again, and figure out that it's more like 50+ days, minimum.

They really aren't very good at establishing scale in general, are they. I mean, in past seasons they would go from burning skyscrapers to mildly annoyed pedestrians to street looting in the scope of one episode. Before they dumped some exposition this week it was pretty hard to tell how we were supposed to feel about the progress of the infection in time and space.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In shocking twist, the real enemy turns out to be Zach. While the Master spreads a disease that turns people into mindless vampire slaves, Zach spreads a disease that turns everybody who's ever been in contact with him into a raging idiot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, why would a father do something to save his child? That's just lovely writing.

He's trusting a serial killer known for never keeping his word to return his kid alive in exchange for stealing a file that contains detailed information on where the serial killer lives and where he keeps his victims from the police, also the serial killer has already killed his wife and has promised to kill everybody he knows regardless of whether he releases the son for the moment.

People treat the "parent does a stupid thing for a child" as a free pass for introducing unpredictable (i.e. non-sensical) twists into stories, and it is in fact lovely writing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

Uzi's didn't make the scene dumb, each side waiting on the other made it dumb. Apparently hollywood writers only understand turn based combat.

Actually they did. The master hunter walked in from a random direction and stated firing from hip with the least accurate load out possible while the master of a legion of demons stood there all alone, doing nothing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

It sounds like you are agreeing with me. Uzi's are what he had ... I guess, that doesn't matter, the point is that during an attack everyone would be moving.

UZIs are a thing he had but also we've seen the protagonists using rifles, or he could have charged in with a sword, I don't want to get into military fetishism territory, but dual-wielding SMGs and firing fom distance isn't a good way to assassinate somebody.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

The uzis didn't fail, they worked, but only because the master stood still, like you posted earlier. You seem to be violently agreeing with me. :shrug:

OK, two awful failures of screenwriting combined to create a result that was equally awful and non sensical, but worked in so far that it pushed the plot in the direction they wanted.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
loving Zach is apparently more at ease living with a pack of vampires than he ever was with his father. I hate that retarded piece of poo poo so much.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Love Crime posted:

Did they ever explain why the Master attacked the plane crew in the very beginning? His plan wasn't in motion yet and it left him ridiculously exposed. Was he just so evil his mere presence in the cargo hold started turning people or something?

Yes

When the infected and the "survivors" woke up, they started spreading vampirism throughout the city in a decentralized, hard to control manner. Effectively each person on that plane became his own independent vector.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Less poo poo? The first season at least had the vampire outbreak going for it, and the various subplots of the airplane survivors.

Now it's just a slow, meandering mess that seems to take place outside the conventional space time reality. I mainly watch it to bitch about it at this point.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Instead of a puppy, we decided to buy you a flesh doll formed out of the crushed and cancerous body of a dead child by a people-eating demon"
"Cool"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There should be a counter on the screen every time poor ol' Eichhorst gets shot in the middle of his boasting.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Love Crime posted:

Zack is basically just Joffrey except without any of the good scenes, material, or acting.

Other than those minor things definitely just like Joffrey.

Joffrey actually understood social norms and knew the boundaries within which his being an evil pampered kid would be tolerated.

Zach is just a little poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheRationalRedditor posted:

name literally one scene centered around zach and his acting that is cool, so that we may all laugh at you in greater depth

We care deeply about Zach, because we care deeply about Eph, who is distraught becau

hahahahaha

• Locked thread