Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

Shbobdb posted:

As it stands now, there is just a lot of padding. It's almost like the writers have no idea where to go. Which is strange since they have source material to work with.

This pretty much describes the entire show from the beginning though. I only started watching after season 2 started because I saw a random youtube video about the Ancients and was like whoa this looks really interesting so started watching the first episode and the buildup was great. Then over the course of a season they took every promising idea possible and managed to make it the dullest, most lukewarm poo poo imaginable.

Every single episode feels like you're on your prom night again. Starts so promising, the night builds up the anticipation, you finally get back to the hotel room and start getting down to business only to find out the girl you're with has a dick and by then you're so invested you just tell yourself well this is weird but I might as well go with it but then 10 years down the road you don't even remember anything except the dick part.

And just so we're clear on the metaphor, the show equivalent is obviously Eichhorst being a pineapple infused tentacle rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
What this show is really missing is an actor who doesn't know he's in an extremely lovely TV show.

I would watch the gently caress out of this show with commentary tracks of a Christian Bale type actor who tried to make sense of all this bullshit.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Did they ever explain why the Master attacked the plane crew in the very beginning? His plan wasn't in motion yet and it left him ridiculously exposed. Was he just so evil his mere presence in the cargo hold started turning people or something?

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Fortunately they also act retarded so at least it's consistent.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Zack is basically just Joffrey except without any of the good scenes, material, or acting.

Other than those minor things definitely just like Joffrey.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Wait, you mean Eichhorst isn't considered the good guy in this show?! He's the only character whose every action isn't driven by selfishness. Day in and day out he shows up to his middle management job and takes care of everything even though the boss is always looking over him.

Sure, okay, he had a bit of a shady past with the whole death camp tentacle rape stuff but if Zach is on the side of the living then the only side I find acceptable is the vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I've tried thinking of an even worse way they could've handled the nuke and I can't. I just can't.

They could've even gone with a Dutch/Eph/Fet love triangle jealousy scheme that resulted in one of them pushing the button and it still wouldn't have even come close to a preteen screaming I HATE YOU at his dad and pressing it.

• Locked thread