Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Can't believe I'm still watching this show but I'm in for another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I have almost no memory of what happened last season so a lot of things were a mystery. Like where did the blonde girl go and how did the kid end up with mommy. But whatever, I just roll with it. I'm surprised the Seal guys were competent, most shows make the military look like roided out clowns.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Eph was shooting silver bullets, they sizzled when they hit.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

steinrokkan posted:

He's trusting a serial killer

Trust is irrelevant when someone has leverage, you are probably damned if you do and damned if you don't so you do and hope for the best. It's a recurring thing in tv, movies, and books and often involves a double cross by one or both parties. There was even a tv series called Leverage.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I was surprised when Angel showed up, thought he died last season while helping the restaurateurs escape the quarantine.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Uzi's didn't make the scene dumb, each side waiting on the other made it dumb. Apparently hollywood writers only understand turn based combat.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

steinrokkan posted:

Actually they did. The master hunter walked in from a random direction and stated firing from hip with the least accurate load out possible while the master of a legion of demons stood there all alone, doing nothing.

It sounds like you are agreeing with me. Uzi's are what he had ... I guess, that doesn't matter, the point is that during an attack everyone would be moving.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DecentHairJelly posted:

Use your bone sword man, that thing is rad as hell.

He tried that, the Master just stepped out of the way and laughed at him. I don't remember if it was the bone sword but that isn't the point.

steinrokkan posted:

...but dual-wielding SMGs and firing fom distance isn't a good way to assassinate somebody.

The uzis didn't fail, they worked, but only because the master stood still, like you posted earlier. You seem to be violently agreeing with me. :shrug:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

muscles like this? posted:

Well, Eichorst is the one running around doing the whole world conquering thing which leaves the Master with a lot of downtime so he has to keep himself busy somehow.

It's like Christianity, God spends his time screwing with people, Job, Jonah, Abraham, Noah; while Jesus does the heavy lifting.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
They are getting quite cavalier about the worms.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm guessing Eph stole the fake book which they showed in the flashback. The old geezer is wiley.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Well darn, I was giving them too much credit. I thought Mommy vamp had got away with the book but Setrakian had outwitted them all by using a fake. I like my version better.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
It will do anything you say...
Zach sure has been in the bathroom a long time.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

...he's been hiding in plain sight ...

Or she. Just speculating, haven't read the books.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Why are the Ancients such pussies? Why do they just lay around on those tables doing nothing and acting like they can't? I didn't even realize they could move until they started fighting. They must have mental powers why don't they just hunt down the master and kill him. This show is like wolves hiring rabbits to run down and kill another wolf, it doesn't make any sense.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

spooky like this! posted:

...in the books it takes a literal nuke to kill one.

That seems excessive.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Angel's death was awesome, the way Gus saw him for a moment. And the ending with the shotgun, Palmer is going to suffer for it but it was fun as hell.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I feel like if it wasn't specifically a point of reference to the books, a show's producer has some kind of fetish for ocular infestation in that middle aged actress. Seriously, two worms into the exact same tear duct for no particular reason, I feel like someone had an agenda, rofl

To me it was to highlight the futility of her fight and the inevitability of her fate. She was just another story in the city. But maybe I'm over thinking.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Justin Credible posted:

You are because they give her the 'happy' ending, just like they do silverman wreslter guy who did not punch enough loving strigoi at all, but none of our three heroes there are going to be changed/have their memories slurped up when in the books (slight spoiler) is around till the third book punching and DDT'ing the vamperies, but does blow up so his mind isn't taken over. But it's a TV production and this is the final season anyway? Man it's going to wrap up so loving quick and I can't wait for more Master Benny Hill antics.

I honestly don't understand your post.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I really enjoyed this season. It went from being a show I watched in secret and hated myself for it, to being one I openly enjoyed.

Also it's true that Zach really is the most competent character on the show. He went out for smokes, got smokes. Taught his vamp spider girl to fetch. Decided to nuke NY, nuked it. He has accomplished more than all the good guys combined. I don't know why everyone hates him.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

because the character is trash and their inexplicable motivations don't even make sense for a child's brain, they are a petulant masquerading as precociousness despite being stone stupid and unworthy McGuffin motivator of a supposedly brilliant alcoholic scientist, they've got the focus-group tussled hair of an "abercrombie and fitch KIDZ" catalogue model despite living in a vampire hellscape of decay with no hairdressers + being locked away in a musty sewer for weeks, tv child actors are diarrhea garbage that never, ever belong stealing time from adults who can actually act and have dialogue that doesn't revolve around public cable access PSA-caliber temper tantrums, and he looks like a little cunty douche with permanent stinkface as if he's stuck always smelling his own farts

Nah, he cool.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

name literally one scene centered around zach and his acting that is cool, so that we may all laugh at you in greater depth

When he nuked the Statue of Liberty.

Look how irrationally angry he made you. He's playing your emotions the way he plays with his spider vamp girlfriend.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

ah yes, the vaunted "puppetmaster" defense employed by a creepy boy-loving goon in a discussion thread where everyone is present to discuss a show, what works about it, and what doesn't. diabolical...

You are the one who is upset. I'm not sure if it's because the character made you angry or that I expressed a different viewpoint, or maybe both make you angry. As you say, we are here to discuss a show. If are willing or open to discussion then I'm game.

The nuke scene made viewers more angry and upset than anything else in a long while. Getting people to feel emotion is the goal, it means they are invested in the show. I understand you don't like the scene but don't confuse disliking a character or their actions with the objective quality of the writing or acting. That leads to people who send death threats to Anna Gunn because her tv character was mean to Cranston's tv character. From a storytelling standpoint, Zach was a nuke. They've held him back the whole season and then 'kapow', you are triggered.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm not sure who to tell to leave the thread....

Why would you tell anyone to leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

No one's upset, you got bizarrely defensive because no one likes your favorite character that you seem to read too much into to, everyone hates him because A) TV child actors are untalented and awful compared to adults, B) their performances and writing are traditionally horrendous (relatively speaking given the source) and come at the expense of adult actors doing fun things with more interesting stories and dialogue, and C) the cornball forced motivations that revolve around them shatter the willful suspension of disbelief and combined with the two previous critical flaws make for a massive chink in the armor of any show and are frequently a favorite subject of ridicule because the majority of viewership has to suffer through it. CARL! CURL!!! CORAL!!!!

You're drastically misreading the audience response if you sincerely think people only just now despise a fartfaced kid's bad character and acting because the city full of stupid idiots doing dumb things for our ironic amusement got blown up and extended 'The Strain' into a final season. The longest running theme of this thread has been jokes at the expense of what an albatross his presence on the show is, just like it was during '24' or any other long running popcorn serial that got dragged down by a whiny preteen.

Odd that you mention Anna Gunn as a scapegoat, particularly when her inconsistent acting was responsible for the single worst moment of 'Breaking Bad' wherein she screams cartoonishly at an imaginary baby and it's embarrassing

I guess I misread the tone of your posts, glad to know you aren't upset.

• Locked thread