Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Zack is horrible in the books. The show honestly makes him and Eph far too empathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Whats up with this "cant cross water" crap? Cant the vampires like drive boats?

No. They can be taken across bodies of water but cannot cross unassisted. In the book the origin explains why kind of.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

cjg posted:

Eph taking on the baddies all by himself with a book was quite ridiculous.

The Master said he didn't actually want to kill or turn Eph. Not that the show isn't chock full of people who can't fight at all taking on super powered vampires in melee combat with blood that will turn you into a vampire.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

The master keeps on doing the whole super-villain thing of not directly eliminating heroes when he has a chance to take him down.

Eph may be a dumb drunkard but at least by killing/turning him it would be fullproof way of removing a threat off the table.

Yeah but that fits with what they said The Master would do in season 1 if you pissed him off. He doesn't see Eph or his crew as a real threat

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Shitenshi posted:

How did they get the Lumen back from the vampires?

Vampires barely had it. Wife hands it off to a vampire red shirt who gets immediately shot by Q. It's still on the ground when everyone is staring at each other at the end of the episode.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

wormil posted:

Why are the Ancients such pussies? Why do they just lay around on those tables doing nothing and acting like they can't? I didn't even realize they could move until they started fighting. They must have mental powers why don't they just hunt down the master and kill him. This show is like wolves hiring rabbits to run down and kill another wolf, it doesn't make any sense.

In the books it is basically inertia and not taking the threat seriously until it was too late. Not sure if the show is changing the origin / deal with ancients though because in the book this attack wouldn't work

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

hrollins posted:

It's working, if I had any part of me that wanted kids before watching the strain, it died with the saga of loving Zack.

He's like 5 years younger, but my kid would nuke the world and send us all to vampire hell if I told him I ate his halloween candy last night

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Good. Zach is one of the show's villains.

Maybe the likely time jump ages Zach up significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

The books are real bad. I did appreciate in book 3 that every character is somehow aware that Eph is the protagonist and are baffled by it because he sucks so hard.

• Locked thread