Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, I'm glad I don't have to work Monday because I'm assuming this first episode back is going to be like five hours long. If past seasons are any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Colorspray posted:

Has the season number/plot progression been keeping up with the books? From what I understand this story is amazing, but season 2 meandered around a bit too much to keep my interest.

I don't know if their plan is still this but what I read last year is that books 2 and 3 will take two seasons each. So this is the second part of book 2 and next season will be book 3 and the time skip.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wondering if that is an actual new opening or just a one off like last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they keep following the books and if they keep with their plan for next season being book 3 then (incredibly minor spoiler) next season he'll be played by a different actor at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most of the time seems to have passed between seasons as during the show multiple episodes take place on the same day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they necessarily believe them so much as they're grasping at straws.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WitchFetish posted:

I'm a bit forgetful, I guess, but is the rest of the planet as deep in poo poo as the US? Because if no then a lot of people would be delighted to go to NY, get handed a rifle, loose ROEs and a shitload of strigoïs so shoot.

It's quickly spreading from NYC but it won't be elsewhere in the world yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming those guys are all in the employ of Palmer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder how much of Nora dying was the actress wanting to leave the show versus actually planned, because the character survives through to the end of the books.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

etalian posted:

The whole premise is confusing for why trade a priceless book for a lovely dumb kid.

Yeah, why would a father do something to save his child? That's just lovely writing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

Is it just me or did the master give up on the whole, assimilate the world thing, at some point and switch to 100% mess with Eph mode?

Well, Eichorst is the one running around doing the whole world conquering thing which leaves the Master with a lot of downtime so he has to keep himself busy somehow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've just announced that next season (4) will be the last. Which makes some sense as the premise has always had a strict beginning and end point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Truth Quark posted:

Well in the books the Master was in Bolivar for the remainder of the series so we're breaking new ground now.

In the books Nora survives all the way to the end too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kevin Durand is in his mid 40s. Which is on the old side for his parents, the issue would be that they'd be super old for still being alive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I'm going to be super disappointed if this actually kills the ancients seeing as in the books it takes a literal nuke to kill one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It has to do with the origin of the vampires.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Truth Quark posted:

That's literally what the suitcase was? I mean it was way too small to be an actual nuke in real life but this is a TV show.

It's not exactly used the way it was in the show. In the books you have to nuke a specific spot in the world, the place where the ancient came from. That's the only way to kill them permanently.

So, (this is NOT a book spoiler) I'm guessing that due to his absence and the fact that there really aren't any better options, Zach is the new Master.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next season is the last.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody is all "now what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So one of the differences in the book is that the Master sets off multiple nukes around the world in order to make a more permanent cloud cover. I'm not sure that just blowing up the Statue of Liberty would have the same effect.

• Locked thread