Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I hate Zach so much. So much. The actor, the character, everything.

If this show tries to redeem him somehow I will go postal. "Hey Zach my boy, remember when you killed thousands of people?"

I knew there would be some kind of reset button, but not Zach. His character's motivations don't even make any sense, 2 minutes earlier his Mum - who was part of the crew imprisoning him - was about to waste him but apparently he hates his Dad instead.

loving gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I get that the nuke resolves the plot and keeps the show going for another season, I do. But that loving kid saying "I don't want to tidy my room! I hate you Dad!" and then detonating a literal nuke killing thousands of people is just the worst. I want to punch that kid so hard in the face, and Eph too for chasing after him afterwards.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

el oso posted:

To me, it would have been way more fun if Eichorst had come in, Zack can't quite push the button but passes it off to Eichorst (his surrogate father figure this season) who sets it off. Eichorst gets to redeem himself to the Master, sets up a big Eph/Eichorst Father-off next season, etc. And Richard Sammel would be so entertaining to watch in that role.

The point is - the storytelling implications of the nuke going off are really exciting but the problem is that the motivations of Zack are really weak, compounded by having a very unlikable actor in the role. I love a complicated villain you hate but you can understand/relate to or can't help but kind of root for. But you need to have at least good writing or good acting to pull that off. Zack, unfortunately, has neither.

Anyway that was a much more fun season than the first couple and I'm excited for how bonkers the final one might be.
Yeah, that would've been a much better scene and would've actually made sense. Eichorst and Eph competing for Zach's loyalty would've been thematically appropriate rather than "I hate you! *nuke*". Zach nuking everyone, including quite likely himself, makes no sense at all in the context of a scene where his Mum was about to kill him 2 minutes prior, and was trying to kill his Dad after.

Plus it has the added benefit of if Zach handing the nuke button to Eichorst - who pressed it - then technically Zach didn't do it himself and would be somewhat redeemable, rather than as it is now where his character might as well have died. There can be no investment in Eph trying to get Zach back now after what he's done.

Can't believe I'm serious posting about such a poo poo character.

• Locked thread