Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I rode a motorcycle without a helmet and my short term brain thing is broke. I have a feeling my wife might be re-gifting everything for my birthdays and Christmas. I was feeling sad, so I hosed up trying to treat myself and bought No Mans Sky.

Just thinking about it makes me sad. Maybe I should treat myself and buy that new No Mans Sky game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Waited for Half-Life 3

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
i kept putting off getting extra mandate time in lieu of cash and citizens in tropico and ran out of time and couldn't declare independence so I just lost lol

Tiny Man Thinking Big
Apr 24, 2005

Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding.

Purchased Superman 64.

I was in such denial about it too. I played it for weeks just flying around doing jack poo poo and trying to convince my friends it was a sound purchase.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Game gear.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Got angry at my primary school girlfriend when she tripped over the controller cables and yanked my ps1 off the shelf, instead of just being happy that she seemed to enjoy losing at twisted metal 2.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vode posted:

Purchased Superman 64.

I was in such denial about it too. I played it for weeks just flying around doing jack poo poo and trying to convince my friends it was a sound purchase.

It made for a very good AVGN episode at least.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

It made for a very good AVGN episode at least.
and a great Proton Jon playthrough

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

when i was a kid my mom sold my sega genesis and like ~15 games at a garage sale for 8 bucks. we kept a controller or two and a couple of games "just in case" but we never got another sega so what the gently caress mom

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

romanowski posted:

when i was a kid my mom sold my sega genesis and like ~15 games at a garage sale for 8 bucks. we kept a controller or two and a couple of games "just in case" but we never got another sega so what the gently caress mom

My mom left our Sega Master System out in the rain. I was too little to have any memory of this, but apparently one day I was all like "where Sega :saddowns:" and next thing you know my siblings and I got a Genesis for Christmas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Edgar posted:

I preorder ed that new simcity game.

Me too, buddy. $60 gone forever. They gave me Mass Effect 3 as an apology but im never opening up Uplay again, lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

when i first played thru dark souls i killed the first blacksmith and couldn't upgrade any weapons for the next 50 hours of gameplay

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jailbreaking a pristine-looking fat PS3. About 2 weeks later it developed heat problems and then YLOD and was told the dipshit that owned it previously evidently used a heat gun on the motherboard and the board was slightly warped and couldn't be reballed.

Big waste, but now have a slim with enough games to keep me busy for a long time.

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON
Jan 7, 2006

EARL IS A FAT CUNT
Selling all this.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I once pronounced Sega as 'say -gah'. Boy was my face red. Its 'see - guh'

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I once pronounced Sega as 'say -gah'. Boy was my face red. Its 'see - guh'

it's actually DE-GAH

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
I spent all my savings on a new GeForce 4 Ti and Doom 3

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Frog Act posted:

when i first played thru dark souls i killed the first blacksmith and couldn't upgrade any weapons for the next 50 hours of gameplay

How did Andre not dunk your fat rear end he is immortal

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Played a Sonic game for at least seven minutes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Putty posted:

How did Andre not dunk your fat rear end he is immortal

i hit him and then he kept trying to bareknuckle box me so i hite him again with a gigantic sword and he died forever

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

in dark souls lore, the larger the sword, the more permanent the death.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

There was that time back in
1986 that I got stuck trying to cross the stream in Black Cauldron on our Tandy 1000SX that I never finished it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my dad bought me the first xbox for christmas but it fell on him before he could gift it to me

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

I win.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

timestamp please

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

plugged in an arcade joystick while on the file browser screen for a hard drive modded ps2 and it thought the controller was in a permanent state of holding Down while auto-firing X

so in the span of like a second it repeatedly clicked a file, clicked delete, clicked yes on the confirm window, then moved onto the next file until the drive was empty

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i did not like that controller

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

plugged in an arcade joystick while on the file browser screen for a hard drive modded ps2 and it thought the controller was in a permanent state of holding Down while auto-firing X

so in the span of like a second it repeatedly clicked a file, clicked delete, clicked yes on the confirm window, then moved onto the next file until the drive was empty

fuuuuck dude that's brutal

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Parallax Scroll posted:

:eyepop:

True Harrowing Tales of Gaming

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i donated 30 dollars to the shroud of the avatar kickstarter and there is of course a strict no refund policy

not only am i relatively poor but just out of principal every day i wake up knowing a guy worth 50 million dollars stole 30 of my dollars is a bad day

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

i donated 30 dollars

quote:

stole 30 of my dollars

lol

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

dev286 posted:

I spent all my savings on a new GeForce 4 Ti and Doom 3

I bought a Voodoo 5 :cry:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I remember how Colonial Marines looked like total poo poo in the previews Gearbox was releasing leading up to release and people in the SA thread were still buying into it.

At least you got your money's worth out of it.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

natetimm posted:

I bought Master of Orion 3 for full price on release.

You too, eh? There should be support groups for people like us.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I put a certain type of ram in the Xbox One

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i bought the collectors edition(the regular one not the super one) for the order 1886. gently caress that linear failed film school poo poo.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
never purchasing and playing thief the dark project all the way through

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

olaf2022 posted:

I bought a Voodoo 5 :cry:

Probably worth quite a bit nowadays for the sheer kitcsh value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I bought Heatseeker for the Wii...for full price. :eng99:

Also when I was a kid I asked for a Sega Genesis instead of a Super Nintendo.

• Locked thread