Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeekCom
Jan 9, 2014
I bought Duke Nukem Forever physically for every platform it came out on. I even bought the LE edition for PS3. The reason? I once told my friends if it ever came out I would buy it on every format it came out on. I thought there was no way it would ever see release. I was wrong. So now I have multiple versions of a meh game. Say what you will but I at least lived up to my word.

GeekCom fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeekCom
Jan 9, 2014
Also I backed Might No 9. And I think I backed like over 100 kickstarters including

Matchstick - a streaming device - canceled

Woolfe - one of those "Dark fairy tale" games like Alice Madness returns - only 1 episode of 5 came out all the rest were was canceled

River city Ransom underground - stuck in legal hell most likely canceled

Shantae Half Genie Hero - 2 years behind and they seam to be spinning their wheels/doing other games. - may never come out.

Time Spinner - a mega man type game with a mage character - last message form creator was in june (it's now the end of august) seams to not be going anywhere

Echo Tokyo - A VN and it's on and off and not really going anyplace. they just had another kickstarter and if you were in the first one you were told you don't get new stuff from the second kickstarter when/if it comes out.

GeekCom fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 29, 2016

GeekCom
Jan 9, 2014
ok here's a game play one.

I was going to play Final Fantasy 8 and decided I'd be a cheating bastard and used a Gameshark to make all my characters level 99. The thought behind this just stomping through the entirety of the game as an unstoppable god. If you never played the game it takes about an hour or more to finally get to a point where you actually fight something. The first enemy I encountered was a Caterchipillar which is this stupid giant caterpillar thing. So I looked right at the screen and said "gently caress you you giant bug motherfucker!" and hit attack. the drat thing was still standing. I attacked it again, and again and it was practically unfazed.

After about 15 minutes of fighting this loving thing I finally used the scan ability and to my horror I saw that the Caterchipillar was also level 99 which means this game employs the stupid "the enemies level with you" thing. So I was fighting a level 99 monster with level 1 equipment. Needless to say I had to restart. This time using an infinite HP code and proceeded to kick it's rear end in short order next time.

• Locked thread