Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
as if the new movies are even star trek
thats like if the main character in weekend at bernies was named captain kirk it would suddenly be a star trek movie
they seem to be using the character but in the 2 i watched that was the end of it and it was in no way patterned off of a series of star trek as in the premise being them space-faring and then they encounter some sort of situation they have to deal with

picard mainly and other characters get all up in their asses about saying such and such virtuous trait is a "very human" quality. they would do that poo poo right at the tail end of an episode demonstrating that other races have the exact same quality like a self-righteous pat on the head

and the prime directive. jesus. if it were real it would clearly be defined as the default means to the desired end (minimal interference so long as it is not needed for a culture to survive) not as an end unto itself where it directs you to let intelligent races die for the benefit of ... no one. but no they treat it as a complex ethical paradox when it is anything but

voyager sucked
they try to get you to watch for 7 of 9 (every single episode is about her) but richard picardo is the real draw

ds9 ruled and the culmination of the emissary/pah wraith arc was pretty cool too
the dominion benny russel and almost all the ds9 characters ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Nathilus posted:

I've never heard of him saying anything like that. All the quotes from him I remember are him talking up the experience. But it's been his line for a pretty long time now that he wouldn't revisit data because he's aged out of the role.
he can still play often wrong

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i would take girls on the holodeck for some love makin and have obrien beam their clothes out and geordi put holodeck versions into the simulation
then i would excuse myself and leave ahead of them

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you dont seem to understand my plan at all
your understanding of it is too encounter at farpoint and not enough elementary dear data

• Locked thread