Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm not gonna judge Big Sam on 13 minutes 0 - 0, even if it's remarkably similar to Woy England

This game is pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Some questionable defending this

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

mackintosh posted:

The mighty Polish national team has conceded two goals in 10 minutes. Against Kazakhstan.

I think they'd have wanted not to do that op

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Never in doubt for the brave lions imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Time to watch the Good Norwegians against the Englishmen

Sadly even the Good Norwegians are pretty bad at defending so let's hope they score goals

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hmmm turns out our defense is even worse than anticipated

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Spain should let Italy have the ball a bit so maybe something will happen this game

E: Italy may want to take advantage of a crossing opportunity instead of doing that

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 6, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
RIP Buffon you had a good career

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol I swear Costa has blackmail on every ref

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Immobile looking quite the donkey there

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
While he was obviously looking for it that looked pretty peno to me yeah

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
the players were practically past the penalty spot by the time he hit the ball

shameful reffing not to pull it back imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Shameful to call Diego Costa offside in the first half, shameful to not send him off later, shameful to give Immobile offside in the second, shameful to not call the penalty back....etc. This ref sucks.

At least he got some help calling the penalty right

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
First half was bad like the ref, but the second half, was good, unlike, the, ref

!!!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Stekelenturd

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
England with some real bad defending

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hahaha San Marino just drew against Norway

At this rate Høgmo might want to resign before the game is even over

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Their first WCQ goal in 15 years

the first goal was a San Marino own goal so they're clearly the most adept goalscorers on the pitch

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I don't keep up with CONMEBOL stuff but have Argentina been as bad as it seems since the WC final loss?

I mean I guess a lot of finals can't be that bad but I swear any time I actually watch them play they look less than the sum of their parts.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Nice defending Argentina!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

Messi is a bad leader and unable to drag a team of garbagemen to international glory.

He's a mild-mannered autist, it's not fair to lay that kind of burden on him. Not all great players are leadership material. But if Cristiano was Argentinian he'd have led them to a WC win two years ago for sure OP.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Norway just conceded a pretty funny goal, talk about losing duels across the pitch hahaha

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Bungland

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

poty posted:

I didn't catch all of that but I hope the summary was that Podolski is bad at playing football

He's definitely bad at staying on schedule

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol Spain had 93% possession at the 10 minute mark according to my live updater

Also, they scored a goal

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Defoe is good and all but he shouldn't be England Starter good and also he's real old now, it's pretty funny that he's apparently the second choice striker atm

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This is boring

England should just start running at them instead of doing this careful searching for openings thing. As a person from another poo poo footballing country similar to though not quite Lithuania with much experience watching bad football countries play I can guarantee the players in yellow and green will have no loving clue how to handle this and probably crash into eachother or scuff a clearance or make a red card tackle or something.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've heard of some of those players

Not great things but I've heard of them

Also I see my friends in Estonia took a mighty win in a pointless friendly prestige squad-evaluation strength-test tonight, which is good

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lolris for sure

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
hahaha Gordon

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Wow, that's quite something

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

saihttam posted:

Game is pretty bad

Can't wait for Poland vs Slovakia, maybe I'll even have heard of a player

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hmmm yeah actually Sweden pretty bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Smart of the Englishmen, getting used to losing to German pens at a young age so it doesn't impact them as badly when it matters

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hmmm can't say I'm a fan of this ending right after the first miss, where are all the tense shots of downcast fans, worried English players who miss a second/third time, etc?

E: 3rd I guess, brainfart on first two while writing, point was no team got to lead for several pens

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Ref is an enormous pussy

Also the pundits here claim you're not supposed to give a yellow based on VAR only red or nothing, I dunno if that's true but if correct it's doubly lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
There better be a red by the end at least

Wouldn't mind some extra time for dirtiness

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Always funny to see those skied

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU