Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hopefully Howard's injury isn't too serious. we ain't winning much with Guzan chasing every ball that comes his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Simone Poodoin posted:

Gamboa is suspended and instead of using Everton superstart Bryan Oviedo to substitute him, our genius mnager is using a drunk driving nobody from the local league, also Johan loving Venegas is starting. What I'm saying is, you will lose despite us having a sub par lineup.

Watch Klinnsmann put out an even worse lineup, just to show you how it's done.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nostradingus posted:

What's that? You want Timmy Chandler to play?

What's that? Geoff Cameron's hurt? Better pull out that 3-5-2 formation I've been holding on to!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nostradingus posted:

Really looking forward to the US fielding a baffling XI and losing the game in the last five minutes, great stuff

No changes in the starting lineup except for Brad Guzan in for Howard.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

inx posted:

how must haiti feel about him being so 'well fed'?

Crushed

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Timmy Chandler doing great 10/10 good choice Klinnsmann

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Followed by a great run

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

In the other game, Vargas acting like he's been stabbed after a small push.

Edit: Yeah, that is a good question, BeinSports. Why is a center-back like Besler playing Left Back?

More Edit: And good, Jones and Chandler miss the Honduras match. Maybe some in-form players will have to play now.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 16, 2016

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

God; Chandler, Bradley and Jones are tragic to watch.

I mean, Gonzalez and Brooks look bad too, but those three have no business on the field right now.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Michael Bradley is a legend. Meaning he's dead.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Chandler's trying to tell Klinnsmann that he should get subbed off.

Because he's a fraud.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Maybe it's time to SUB OFF CHANDLER

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nice sub Jurgen

really, good job with that choice

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Maybe the team had a meeting and decided to throw this match to get Klinnsmann out?

Like, this is embarrassing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I don't think Guzan is any good, but man do I feel sorry for him.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Looking forward to Klinsmann's press conference where he explains that he has never done anything wrong, and actually, the USA would have won 12-0 if Michael Bradley had tried harder

You mean Pulisic. He'll say Bradley played great inside his system.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Like, Dunga is a veritable scam artist, but he'd be an improvement.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

"When you lose 4-0, there are issues."

- legendary manager Jurgen Klinnsmann

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Simone Poodoin posted:

I watched the goals and highlights and it confirms what I saw live, that Brooks dude was insanely awful. I thought he was just some MLS clown but he plays in the Bundesliga lol.

Pulisic and Wood are really good, but the USMNT really needs a manager who knows how to organize a defense. Macho Ramirez is really good at that because despite us having cool guys Waston and Matarrita starting we also had the corpse of Michael Umaña and actual alcoholic Jose Salvatierra out there and they didnt do badly at all.

Seltzer said it as well, but every goal it was a turnover by either Jones or Bradley, leading to at least two of that back 4 being out of position because Chandler is terrible, Gonzalez thinks he's fast, and Besler is a center back playing left back. Brooks saved three shots that I know Guzan wouldn't have if it made it past. He played bad, but that back four and embarrassing midfield didn't give him any help.

I'll take Brooks all day, but leave the others out next time. Except maybe Besler.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Looks like Arena's gonna be the next head coach of the USMNT.

I for one look forward to the great American soccer pairing of Wondo and Donovan up front instead of those wastemen Pulisic and Wood.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Turns out that Klinsmann was good at finding talent, he just liked putting that talent in really dumb places.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Do we really have no number 6 better than Michael Bradley? Like, I would take more consistent and slightly less upside over him.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Moktaro posted:

Ahahaha, you get a last-second corner and what do you do? You kick it straight back down the sideline, that's what you do.

Looking forward to the Confederations Cup.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Your 2017 Gold Cup Champions, everybody!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Shrapnig posted:

I'm not sure Tim Howard actually made a save.

US had 3-4 shots on goal. Costa Rica had two.

"We don't need young goalkeepers getting decent time to replace our two old goalkeepers who are shaken to their core." :thunk:

-Bruce Arena

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lol I'm convinced Arena has no clue what he's doing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tigren posted:

The lineup haters are loving delusional. This is a good lineup and very attack oriented.

I hate our back 4. But now that I think about it, there's not much we can do, huh? Arriola is the kind of player that is objectively an upgrade, but I haven't been convinced by his play. And Wood is not in the best form, but I think he's a good choice.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

"LEEEET'S GOOOO!!!!"

- Christian Pulisic, 19

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nice thrown elbow Panama.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Niiice pass.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

This is the worst thread on the entire forums, you are not edgy or special because you think the US is bad

I don't think thinking that CONCACAF teams are middling to bad is an edgy idea, though?

edit: Like, I'm enjoying us playing good soccer right now, but Concacaf is not great?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I'm glad Yedlin is back, but Villafana isn't convincing me, and Besler and Gonzalez really are the backup duo.

A few years ago, I wouldn't have believed that we're missing John Brooks this much, but here we are.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

What on earth Altidore? I don't understand what he was thinking?

e: That was kinda a weak call, but I ain't gonna complain.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Best half the US has played in awhile. Defense is still... ehhhh...

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol Bobby Wood being held down by #5.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wow, Bruce. That was some not-so-subtle shade.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

whypick1 posted:

What did Bruce say? No audio here

"I think Panama is gonna beat Costa Rica *smirks*, so we need a result in Trinidad."

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Iceland to the World Cup is a done deal

:unsmith: Can’t wait for them to be grouped up with England.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Holy moly we’re actually gonna blow it.

E. I know it’s no surprise, but I fully expected us to back into this, but Honduras wants in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The fact that Panama and Honduras are choking just as hard is hilarious. Fuckin CONCACAF.

• Locked thread