Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Good OP OP I giggled at the 6 team CONCACAF group joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Its much more passionate imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

EvilHawk posted:

Pretty sure we do it for every friendly

this is a competitive match EvilHawk!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Is there anything duller in the world of sport than England qualifiers I think not

Tennis

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

i just want to see some long balls over the top to vardy is that too much to ask of allardyce

Everyone defends too deep in international football

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

its

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

coming

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

home

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

RideTheSpiral posted:

ive lived in Kazakhstan for 4 years

Tell them they shouldn't be in UEFA from me

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

It should be something like this. Maybe if you care more about even number of teams in each federation than pretty OCD borders (WHICH I DON'T!) then you can let Turkey, Russia, Cyprus, and all those lovely east of the Caspian countries into UEFA but I'm drawing the line at Kazakhstan and Israel.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

RideTheSpiral posted:

so russia doesnt play in Europe anymore under your butthurt new system?

Maybe they should have thought about having a border that was a straight line near Europe if they wanted to be UEFA rather than having 90% of their country be snow Mongolia

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I enjoyed the article would read again A++. Really football should probably just use ELO rankings those chess boffins seem on the ball.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

atomic gog posted:

I enjoyed it because it talks about how great wales are

How are they? Wet and endangered still I imagine.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Southgate is going to bring it home

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Spain defender Gerard Pique will retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup following a controversy surrounding his shirt sleeves.

The Barcelona player, 29, is unpopular with some Spain fans for his support of independence for Catalonia.

In Sunday's 2-0 win in Albania, his shirt - unlike his colleagues - did not have a Spanish flag trim on the sleeve.

After social media criticism, the Spanish FA released a statement to explain why, and defend Pique.

Pique was wearing the long-sleeved shirt - as was Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos - which does not feature the flag trim.

The statement said that Pique had cut the sleeves off his shirt, "the same way other players have done on many occasions," for comfort.

Pique, who won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, said: "I have tried everything, but I can't bear this anymore.

"Today's issue of the sleeves is the the straw that breaks the camel. They've managed to make me lose the excitement of coming here and although after Russia I'll only be 31, I'll leave."

lol what a fanny

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

"its the straw that broke the camels back"

*continues riding camel for 2 more years*

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

England should call up both Murphy twins imo just let them ping in 25 yard upper 90 go aheads goals all game

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

thats a cracking save

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

Nuke all Saudi and Australia teams tia

quote:

Saudi Arabia's national football team has been criticised for appearing not to observe a minute’s silence for the victims of the London Bridge terror attack.

Australian supporters were left outraged ahead of the Fifa World Cup Asian Qualifying match between the two countries, when the Saudi Arabian players appeared to ignore the silence.

Images from the match show the Australian team lined up in the middle of the pitch, with the Saudi players choosing to finish their pre-match warm-up instead.

It has been claimed that the Saudi substitutes also decided not to join in with the silence, while the Australian media report that the travelling supporters did not fall quiet for the tribute.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

No surprise to see Scotland playing in their traditional Tory blue

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Never in doubt

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

England U21s through to the Euro semis. Looks like its coming home sandwich is back on the menu lads.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Al2001 posted:

anyone got a decent stream for the england u21 match?

https://soccerstreams.net/streams/822/europe-england-u21_vs_europe-germany-u21

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

ephex posted:

No but apparently the U21 English team doesn't suck as badly as the EMNT but they're still inferior to the mighty German Fußball

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Murphy coming on Jerry's got no chance now

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Good header that. its still coming home though

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

16 days of hurt

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Simone Poodoin posted:

You guys are in trouble now but remember that both Honduras and Panama (even more) are notorious chokelords and also you guys have the free 3pts from T&T to cash in on the last round

What are the chances of Mexico and Costa Rica having a siesta in the remaining games? Is there any seeding benefit to finishing top of the group?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I like that Honduras saw the vuvuzela and thought to themselves "you know what this needs, a higher pitch"

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Unlucky USA but also lol. How you conspired to not qualify through a system designed to ensure you and Mexico qualify is baffling.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Alexeythegreat posted:

You forget that games that don't involve the Russian team will also be played in Russia.

Also I'm pretty sure Saudi Arabia has black players

The Saudi police anti-witchcraft division have imprisoned all their black people for sorcery. Sounds like I'm making that up but its real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

Why do you think Bellamy won't join his coaching team?

Doesn't want to share his powerpoint secrets

• Locked thread