Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Has he shaved, yet?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Southgate dropping deadwood from the England squad :monocle:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Southgate waffled on Rooney's explanation. and ultimately he's not selected Rooney, Welbeck, or Walcott. looking like Forster is ahead of Hart finally, too.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Aves Maria! posted:

Bradley has to be the poster boy for the sharpest decline for a player

only a beta would choose to be bald

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Italy's midfield shape leaving huge spaces in the middle of the pitch that Spain are predictably abusing them through.

need a change of shape and probably another midfielder immediately.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
could have posted a dozen different screenshots from the first 30 min showing Veratti and 6 different Spaniards in midfield with all the Italians spread impossibly wide. yes let's give the greatest pixies on earth free run of the center. real dumb.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Isco scoring from the great gaping wound in the center of Italy's midfield, free to run from the halfway line to the box

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Italy's manager should absent himself at half-time and let Buffon make changes

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Darmian needs to be switched out for Conti, candreva for anyone except Montolivo, go to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

yeah, one of Immobile/Insigne should prob be off for a central player, too, imho

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
how is Argentina loving this up so hard

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Ninpo posted:

How England manage to turn a team of Premier league players into slow ponderous sloths is beyond me. When the international break is over those same players will be involved in actually dangerous counter attacks and it is baffling to me that when they wear an England shirt, they seem to have no idea of what to do when regaining possession.

e: In fact, watching England last night reminded me a lot of van Gaal's United side that season he was obsessed with safe possession.

the England midfield is second class rn

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

The SituAsian posted:

Do Dortmund play Pulisic at CAM? Because they should

he plays on the right with license to drift inside

he's like David Alaba in that he'd probably be good in a range of positions, his club manager is fitting him in where he can, and he plays centrally for country because he's easily the best player in their side.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Bobby Wood, America's Podolski

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
there are some South Americans and at least one French guy

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

oliwan posted:

drat, did I just listen to Gordon Strachan calling the Scottish genetically inferior?

it's something they have to address as a nation, according to him, lmao

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

oliwan posted:

did he say that too?

he did, unabashedly blamed part of poor performances on the lack of height in the team and that the population of Scotland needed to do something about it

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Switerzland finish in 2nd, Holland out of the WC, Germany's far-right party 3rd biggest in the country right now (never fooled me, once a nazi always a nazi) Am I forgetting any of oliwan's supposed nationalities? Disgraceful state of affairs for him. He must kill himself.

brutal

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
gently caress Switzerland

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Simone Poodoin posted:

https://twitter.com/Argentina/status/917884483445121024

Icardi, Dybala and Gomez on the bench, some local league nobody starting up front. It's happening guys, Argentina are going to be eliminated.

actually, The Guardian says Benedetto is good

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Messi dragging his team of disaffected prima-donnas to qualification is kinda badass if you think about it likes he's Ronaldo and surrounded by garbagemen instead of extremely talented Italians

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
there goes TRP's World Cup summer bounce

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
i feel bad for Pulisic. kid has every right to read the riot act to everyone in the dressing room, including the coach.

they should make him player-manager-director and just let him run the show.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
extremely excellent headline

it is a height joke

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Reprisal posted:

Sane exposing Jones for the first 45 minutes before a change is made looks fun

25 minutes rofl

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 10, 2017

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Tammy Abraham flattering to deceive as an energetic wastrel along the forward line

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Jones with his classic below the waist header, but he’s obviously injured himself chasing Sane’s shadow around the pitch.

e- stream delayed, see him coming off now lol

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
“You go to war with the army you have.” - Kurt Cobain

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Gundogan seems off the pace and Draxler appears to have no idea what he’s supposed to be doing.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Italy gonna lose this. looking slow and desperate to reduce Sweden to 10 men rather than desperate to score.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
boom

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Nobody should be surprised at this. Ventura is easily one of the worst national team managers I've ever seen.

its really incredible

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
England would be truly decent if the Spurs contingent were available.

Southgate is a good manager.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
what in the gently caress is going on with the pitch in SUI v NIR?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
take a touch Xhaka you moron

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
stewards looking like larvae in their chrysalises

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
excellent diving save by future convict Evans

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
why is De Rossi still playing for Italy?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
France could pull it off. They only lost 1-0 to Germany from an early free kick header in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Brave call, that. tbf, Nainggolan has been inconsistent for Belgium; directly responsible for goals in both directions. I’d take him, but his Euro 2016 and qualification matched were not exactly convincing.

• Locked thread