Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

trying to jack off posted:

snakebird isnt as hard as everyone says

I just got this one and I'm liking it a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
puzzle pirates

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did like 100 puzzles in Picross e and then caved and bought 3D 2. This game is incredible and it looks like there's hundreds of puzzles in this thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I did like 100 puzzles in Picross e and then caved and bought 3D 2. This game is incredible and it looks like there's hundreds of puzzles in this thing

hell yeah

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stuntman posted:

puzzle pirates

I only played this twice but you just reminded me I really liked the rum-making game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have 15 15x15, 15 20x15 and 1 micross left in Picross e6. I should finish that within the next few days then I can wait like a year and come back to the mega picross puzzles.

I haven't actually finished any of the other picross e games so i'll probably do them in reverse order lol. Also I need to see if I can still get twilight princess picross.

My picross folder has a p-switch on it thanks to the badge rabbit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hmmm... Twilight Princess Picross is available until October 1 and I only have 890 platinum nintendo points. Going to be cutting it close.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's messed up that the Picross 3D Round 2 demo doesn't even have square numbers in its tutorial.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Hmmm... Twilight Princess Picross is available until October 1 and I only have 890 platinum nintendo points. Going to be cutting it close.

you can get like 100 every week just from visiting nintendos site, visiting the eshop, visiting the miiverse, and visiting mynintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume 20 is the max score you can get per puzzle here?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

you can get like 100 every week just from visiting nintendos site, visiting the eshop, visiting the miiverse, and visiting mynintendo

I am up to 950 now. Sunday I will be playing Zelda Picross.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I assume 20 is the max score you can get per puzzle here?

no its actually dependent on the puzzle itself, just care about which medal you get

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

In Training posted:

There are 300

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

no its actually dependent on the puzzle itself, just care about which medal you get

Yeah soon after I posted that I encountered some 50s. It seems odd that you can get the top medal with faults but hey, who am I to judge. I reset if I get any faults though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah soon after I posted that I encountered some 50s. It seems odd that you can get the top medal with faults but hey, who am I to judge. I reset if I get any faults though

oh ive never completed a puzzle after a fault thats lame. the original game had a simple three star system i liked better, the score thing is fuzzy

three stars per puzzle in picross 3d 1: beat the puzzle, beat with no faults, beat in under an hour

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nothing upsets me more than seeing +2min while I'm doing picross. I wish the e games had more free puzzles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i understand it more for picross 3d but yea i dont want to be told ive made a mistake in normal picross, i want to realize later oh poo poo nothing fits where did i gently caress up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's why picross ds is still the best despite the ui/control improvements the e games made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i understand it more for picross 3d but yea i dont want to be told ive made a mistake in normal picross, i want to realize later oh poo poo nothing fits where did i gently caress up

Yeah being told Ive made a mistake initially put me in a bad habit and narrowing down a few options and then just guessing to move the puzzle along.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If I ever meet someone who uses the hint roulette there will be hell to pay.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I bet the monkey island stage play was really bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah being told Ive made a mistake initially put me in a bad habit and narrowing down a few options and then just guessing to move the puzzle along.

GUESSING?!?!?!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

There is to be no guessing in Picross

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
guessing is illegal, you're going to jail

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Using the navigation (blue numbers) feature is also highly illegal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Using the navigation (blue numbers) feature is also highly illegal.

i thought that was cute as a pokemons power but then i got a picross e game and was shocked it was a thing you could just turn on

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pokemon are too dumb to solve puzzles and use their powers to cheat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the numbers that automatically grey out when you finish the row

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Those are fine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first construction puzzle is overwhelming. I guess this game has stopped loving around.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Although sometimes it grays out a number I didn't expect to be confirmed so I don't know exactly how it works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It will gray out based out how you place X's which can be wrong. So if it's 1211 and you put two X's around 1 it will gray out one of the 1s even if that space should be a 2. It's just a way to track what you think the puzzle looks like, it can be wrong.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah the grey numbers aren't cheating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a rere because it took me half an hour to finish a puzzle this morning but I got no errors so then I felt smart calm and logical.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Midna gives you picross tips in TPicross. Also you can turn off the mistake notifications in every puzzle so I'm really glad I got this. The micross in this one looks huge.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Midna gives you picross tips in TPicross. Also you can turn off the mistake notifications in every puzzle so I'm really glad I got this. The micross in this one looks huge.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The 20x15s in Picross e6 have been too easy. They need to make a full priced game with 25x20s again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

The 20x15s in Picross e6 have been too easy. They need to make a full priced game with 25x20s again.

do some of the giant color puzzles here http://webpbn.com/

I hope someone teaches Nintendo about color picross because it's really fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

do some of the giant color puzzles here http://webpbn.com/

I hope someone teaches Nintendo about color picross because it's really fun

bookmarked for work tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008