Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed a lot of Talos Principle even if the Tetris puzzles were really stupid and it does something mildly where you need a very very specific angle to complete a puzzle, so I had some puzzles where I tried the correct solution but because my angle was off just slightly it didn't seem feasible and I tried other crap for a while before realizing I was right the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

I enjoy crossword puzzles.

I can pretty reliably get through Tuesday and some of Wednesday every week but after I get trounced

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I'll finally play DROD. It's old right? Is there a GOG version?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I do Saturdays :cool:

:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't usually have the patience for most puzzle games, but both the Hexcells series and Box Boy are some of the finest gaming has to offer in the genre.

They both have excellent pacing which is the #1 downfall in puzzle games imo. Fantastic steady ramp in difficulty while continuously unlocking new ways to do things. :cheers:

Oh yeah, for anyone who has 3DS and wants a good puzzler, Box Boy and Box Box Boy are perfect. The sequel is great because it's basically a level pack, picks up exactly where the first one ended with the mechanics and then just gives you a bunch more levels. Highly recommended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Witness got marked down to 23 bucks, that might be enough for me to check it out. Or I'll hold out for 15 because I'm busy with TWEWY atm anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked up picross e1 because I played the 3D 2 demo and Ive never played this series before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game has 150 puzzles for 6 bucks O_o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm close to done with the 10x10 puzzles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't Germans love point and click adventure games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

apparently one of the reasons another lucasarts indiana jones game wasnt made was because they planned it all out with nazis and then suddenly realized they couldnt sell it in germany lol

Haha cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same but Picross e1. I was breezing through 5x5 and 10x10 but the 15x15 are starting to trip me up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did like 100 puzzles in Picross e and then caved and bought 3D 2. This game is incredible and it looks like there's hundreds of puzzles in this thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's messed up that the Picross 3D Round 2 demo doesn't even have square numbers in its tutorial.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume 20 is the max score you can get per puzzle here?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

no its actually dependent on the puzzle itself, just care about which medal you get

Yeah soon after I posted that I encountered some 50s. It seems odd that you can get the top medal with faults but hey, who am I to judge. I reset if I get any faults though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i understand it more for picross 3d but yea i dont want to be told ive made a mistake in normal picross, i want to realize later oh poo poo nothing fits where did i gently caress up

Yeah being told Ive made a mistake initially put me in a bad habit and narrowing down a few options and then just guessing to move the puzzle along.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the numbers that automatically grey out when you finish the row

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first construction puzzle is overwhelming. I guess this game has stopped loving around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It will gray out based out how you place X's which can be wrong. So if it's 1211 and you put two X's around 1 it will gray out one of the 1s even if that space should be a 2. It's just a way to track what you think the puzzle looks like, it can be wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a rere because it took me half an hour to finish a puzzle this morning but I got no errors so then I felt smart calm and logical.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a green crown in Picross 3D 2 (?)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Pushmo games are great. The Wii u version has a Mario maker style user creation hub

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it fascism yet posted:

i just gor done playing case 4 in the 1st aa game and HOLY poo poo this is epic as gently caress. its the one with the parrot and von karma, in case you dont remember

The 5th case is even better. Buckle up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shelly de Killer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've still got over 9000 3D Picross puzzles to do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube posted:

i just played dr robotnik's mean bean machine for like a freaking hour. what's the best way to play puyo in 2016

I believe it's on Xbox One

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've stopped unlocking books in Picross 3D 2 and I'm stRting to panic that I'm running out of puzzles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got less than 30 puzzles left in Picross 3D Round 2 and I'm starting to panic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think 3D Picross is easier than 2D Picross but it's still awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played so much 3D though that sometimes I feel like I'm cheating. Like for example if you see something like

🔸🔸🔷🔸

and the line is 1 blue and a 2 Orange circle, 9 times out 10 it's going to be

🔶🔷🔶

so I have been trained to just think in this pattern even if I shouldn't know that yet based on how far I've gotten into the puzzle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still playing picross 3D about 4 times a week on commutes. The game is an absolute monster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought the witness today. its also 20 bucks on steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Picross 3d Round 2 is tied with Fire Emblem Fate for highest rated 3DS game of the year

Theyre two of the best gamesI played this year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Picross 3D 2 post game is brutal...at the point where every puzzle is like 20 to 30 minutes long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started the Witness. I love the design of it but its giving me panic attacks already because of how much I know im missing, and because I was clearing a set of boards thinking I had the trick figured out and then i get to the last one and nothing I think should work works and i get confused

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat a level (?) and feel pretty drat smart about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OK I found a giant puzzle embedded in the ground and it shone a light on a big black pillar with like 30 of those shapes carved into it my mind is sufficiently blown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

It's really cool because it took me hours and hours to figure out about that but it could also happen in the first 30 seconds. Have fun

Now im going crazy looking for geometric patterns in every piece of architecture I love this game already. ANd I think Im gonna go the slow burn on it and not try to marathon through a bunch of puzzles because that can get overwhelming fast. My go to morning coffee game for the time being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cleared the hedge maze area today and decided to check out the mountain top where the lasers point. Did you know that if you see a mountain in this game, you can walk to it? Simply incredible

• Locked thread