Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still dont get the tetronimos so I left that level behind but I found a nice grove with sun tile based puzzles that I figured out and those were fun until I got to sun puzzles combined with tetronimos. I really need to figure those out, and the black/white boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

actually i forgot about the quarry which is good because the town is just stupid. additionally, wtf i figured out what ya'll meant by environmental puzzles :stare: i said what the fuuuck out loud to myself, the first time i did it

I found them before I even finished a single zone :smugbird:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i know im being a fake gamer by not finishing the rest of the puzzles there but im in a cooler zone now and don't want to go back

That's ok, I haven't played in a bit because part of me wishes there was a mode I could toggle on that just told me what all the rules were.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Talos has fun puzzles but the tetronimo panels huff turds:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped playing in the area with making the bridges in the treetops because the puzzles were too hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sockmafia posted:

At the game or yourself?

drat, Sockmafia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got documented footage of me laughing at both a game and myself simultaneously

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not a puzzle game related note but I've been taking notes while playing Stardew valley and it's got scribbles like Corn??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped playing the witness after like 2 hours because I didn't like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah...the reason I didn't like it really is because it felt like a puzzle game about learning rules. Once you learned the rules, the game itself was over and then you moved on. Contrasted with something like Picross, where the rules are known and simple, and it's a structure for repeatable actions and designed. I appreciate that there can be joy in learning rules like that but to me it felt like playing 15 different dark souls tutorial zones at once without a game behind it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do like that the game has a FMV of that scene in nostalghia where that guy carries a candle back and forth across an empty pool for 20 minutes to own everyone who found it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should watch the movie it came from its pretty good and also the worst Tarkovsky movie so everything else will be uphill for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He didn't make many movies because he took years to make movies and then died young so watch everything IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its probably because I bounced around a lot in that period. I think I only solved like 2 lasers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

English a country tune pwns and I believe it's also cheap on PC. I got it on a sale years ago and spent hours with it. I don't think I ever beat it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picross S is out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk I went to play it and launched Splatoon instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome

• Locked thread