Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Puzzle games are my favourite genre. also Obduction just came out and that's a new myst-like by the makers of myst. we need a thread to talk about this poo poo.

what are your favourite puzzle games everyone?

Edit:
Quick List of Imp-approved puzzle games:
Spacechem
Hexcells trilogy
DROD series
Portal 1/2

discount cathouse fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

If y'all liked the talos principle and never played The Witness you should do something about that

i really liked talos principle but i didnt like the witness that much. the world is just so bland in witness. the puzzles are cool but the rest of the game sucks.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah me too .

Also may I submit Snakebird

Snakeburd is Nice. It Lacks a difficulty curve but the Puzzles are top Tier

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
they should of called it byobduction because it looks fairly chill

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
there is a humble bundle with all the sierra adventure games in it. i didnt play it yet but some of them are highly regarded.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I started with 2 and it's fine. Recommended.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Fez Puzzles suck imo. Not a good Puzzle Game.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
goferchan you play way too many phone games

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I just read the Games adventure game thread. they all hate deponia because it isnt PC enough for them, what a bunch of telltards and faggots.

related:

quote:

Obduction feels like a game that belongs in the 1990s with a modern-day coat of paint. If you haven't played an adventure game since then, you might be pleasantly surprised, but I'd have rather spent my time replaying Firewatch, Oxenfree, or any number of other quality adventure titles instead of this buggy mess.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

Don't Germans love point and click adventure games

we do and Deponia is pretty universally liked here.

Jerkops posted:

What's a telltard

a cuck who plays only telltale games.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i feel the Pushmo/Pulllblox or whatever its called sereis deserves a shoutout. i only played the first one so far but its very good.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I have playing the first 2 Blackwell games and it's a really cool mystery story with charming characters. the puzzles are a little thin but the games are great as a whole.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I bet the monkey island stage play was really bad

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i played the room for my iphone, and its basically that childrens game where you have to put the round keg in the round hole,and the square peg in the square hole, etc. phone games are retarded.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i also played monument valley on my brothers phone and its allright but way too eaysy and too short.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I started playing the ace attorney games, starting from the first one. Loving it so far. they are adventure games, and adventure games are puzzle games imo

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i just gor done playing case 4 in the 1st aa game and HOLY poo poo this is epic as gently caress. its the one with the parrot and von karma, in case you dont remember

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

The 5th case is even better. Buckle up.

omg koos... what did you do

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I played device 6 (which was deece) and then i played a Text Adventure called Lost pig. Which was Great!
Try it here: http://jayisgames.com/games/lost-pig/
Its under 2 hours long.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
DROD is on steam finally. jump in nonbelievers!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314330/

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
if you already have it you can get a key on their website for free.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Goferchan you absolute fucker. I played Year Walk bc of your recommendation and it was the worst game i played in the last 3 years.

I also played some more text adventures and those are good.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

rediscover posted:

didnt read the spoiler and right now as im quoting you i am averting my eyes... do you mean the random sets panels that dont seem to do anything other than teach puzzle rules or is there like, actual environmental puzzles that are not line puzzles

Neither. Just be alert and youll discover.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

rediscover posted:

really liking this play on words wrt the witness. deffo showing this post to the boys at work

check this out: The Shitness

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

extremely steampunk posted:

turns out I just needed some time to get a feel for the game. I'll have to pick up ECT when I get the chance, this is some good puzzling

Now you're thinking with sausages.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

I made a puzzle game.

Everyone, please: Buy My Game.

whoa zhe zachtronics guy gave you a quote for the back of the box so it must be legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
you guys should check out toki tori 2. i never got into it and am giving it another chance now and it has some great puzzles.

discount cathouse fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 14, 2017

• Locked thread