Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I need help, imp zone. Just a hint.

I'm supposed to draw a single line to separate all of the colors, right? It's possible, right?

e: Spoiler tagging just in case, it's the Witness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

elf help book posted:

you can figure it out, dont ask for help

....you're right! I did figure it out! Man, I feel great for solving it. Thanks! :D

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I am NOT happy about the audio puzzles in the Witness! :mad:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

In Training posted:

I stopped playing the witness after like 2 hours because I didn't like it.

That's fair! You saved yourself from this bamboo hell.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Witness: Okay, I gave up and got a walkthrough for the bamboo audio puzzles. I'm tone deaf, that was obnoxious, and just...screw it. There are better puzzles awaiting me. :mad:

One more complaint: the audio clues/solutions repeat either way too frequently or infrequently so for at least one puzzle I was sitting there waiting for it to play again so I could try to guess at a solution, and just. Include a toggle so I can make it play or not! Don't waste my time even more with this bs set of puzzles!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 15, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

u got mares in yr house posted:

I finished The Witness and Talos Principle. What should I play next?

Stephen's Sausage Roll.

It's still on sale here for ten bucks for another few hours.

(It's destroying my brain, come suffer with me - the puzzles are so clever and I feel like a queen when I finish even one.)

e: I want to add that I have seen the Great Tower and I'm not ready for it. I will never be ready for it.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 16, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

goferchan posted:

I just bought English Country Tune (idk how much it is on PC but it's a dollar on phones) and holy poo poo this is a good puzzle game. Starts out as some simple sokoban stuff but keeps revealing layers and layers of rules and reveals itself to be a lot more complicated. Makes me feel like a retard tho lol

It's made by the same guy who made Stephen's Sausage Roll.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Elswyyr posted:

give me more puzzles. i need my brain destroyed

Have you been through Snakebird?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, uh, have you been through these? Gateways is freaking hard, and DROD gets real tangly once you're through the first areas. Patterna hits that Hexcell itch - it's not as good but it's close enough.

And not in that category because it's a roguelike first is Desktop Dungeons, which is the perfect fusion of the two genres.

(ps not everything in my puzzler category is good, but I've at least tried everything on it so nothing in there is outright garbage)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I made a puzzle game.

Everyone, please: Buy My Game.

It's on the wishlist for when I've got spare cash :cheers:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

hey, how good/bad is this puzzle game? Operator Overload

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Floodkiller posted:

I'd say it's good, but that's because I helped test it :v:

The goal of each level is to guide the path of the launchers into the goals, using 'magnets' to bend the path to do so. You start with 90 degree turn magnets, but unlock more as you get to the later levels. The non-tutorial levels start out easy at first (probably around 5 minutes or less per puzzle once the game 'clicks') but starts to get more complicated the further you get, both inside and outside each world. The later stuff starts getting pretty insane (one of the end world puzzles took a collected 7 hours of staring, hair pulling, and messing around before I eventually solved it). There's also a level editor with Workshop integration for quick sharing/downloading.

I was gonna see if I could snag some keys from the dev to pass out before mentioning it in the Steam thread (after I get off work later today), but I can answer any other questions you got.

How much precise timing is involved in solving some of these puzzles? It looked like there was some involved in the trailer.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Floodkiller posted:

There is zero precise timing. You put the magnets down, and can use the launchers separately to test each path (I think there's also a hotkey/shortcut to test all paths at once, but I don't remember off the top of my head because I never used it). If you remove/place a magnet, the launchers all reset.

The trailer just rapid fires the launchers to make it look pretty.

Cool, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/919980425174401024

Zachtronics is putting out a new game in a few days

• Locked thread