Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

they are on gog
https://www.gog.com/game/drod_1_2_3
I'd recommend skipping to 2, journey to rooted hold

they are gonna put out steam versions (this year?) that just sells all 5 games in the newest engine, which would probably be best

the second one gets really hard iirc, I would start with #4 https://www.gog.com/game/drod_4_gunthro_and_the_epic_blunder which is definitely the easiest one to finish.
Or, just play the original until you get stuck, then maybe swap over to #2 for a while, and then just whichever one, then come back to whatever stumped you on #1, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drod rpg: tendry's tale is lovely btw

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stuntman posted:

puzzle pirates

I only played this twice but you just reminded me I really liked the rum-making game

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is cool, thanks

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

i really love alcazar cuz its a simple puzzle idea i dont think ive seen before, thats also super well suited to tablet play. its something you could play with pencil and paper, but you also just draw simple giant lines and want to erase and redraw a lot, touch is a great fit

Yeah, the interface is exactly what takes it from ok to great. I was thinking about that today, the simple lock function makes it a lot of fun because unlike other puzzles, you can keep track of lines that you've strictly proven, but when you feel like you have a good hunch you can still just take a stab at it without worrying about messing up the locked parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Queen's Rooms 6. This must be the toughest Alcazar puzzle in the game, it's the only one I can't solve.

I think I just continuously fail to find the right (any) region with only one light/dark exit.

• Locked thread