Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The Witness was really cool - please have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

iirc there is at least one you can skip, yea.
yeah if you're some kind of wuss

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I had pretty much finished everything else in the game when I figured out that spoiler....it's a good one.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah - it's cool.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Wordfeud is like words with friends but good.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

never heard of it, how it is different?
It's not by zynga and trying to get you to sign up for credit cards or whatever. There are ads in the free version but they're less obnoxious. Of course, you'll sound like the ultimate goon describing to your family members how this other app is ACTUALLY superior.

There are some other additional features like alternate dictionaries and optional randomized bonus squares but those are kinda whatever.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Looking Through the greenhouse window into the garden.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I did the greenhouse nearly first thing and kinda stumbled through it without understanding it. Like I assumed that the elevator was using some sort of pattern and just guessed the right things to go up. Looking back I was pretty lucky.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I had way more trouble with the town and the area outside and across the river from the mill.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah...the reason I didn't like it really is because it felt like a puzzle game about learning rules. Once you learned the rules, the game itself was over and then you moved on. Contrasted with something like Picross, where the rules are known and simple, and it's a structure for repeatable actions and designed. I appreciate that there can be joy in learning rules like that but to me it felt like playing 15 different dark souls tutorial zones at once without a game behind it.
The rules compose in interesting ways that make you figure out cool new stuff. Knowing the rules did not suffice on many of the puzzles, you had to apply them hardcore. It's cool if you don't like it though - if I didn't like a game after 2 hours I'd stop, as well.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

u got mares in yr house posted:

I finished The Witness and Talos Principle. What should I play next?

Ever heard of a little game called portal???

There's cake.... *chortles*

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ArfJason posted:

id be willing to try it but man, 13 bucks

BTW if you have brain aids like me and like shapes and gay poo poo like geometry, absolutely give this game a try

http://www.euclidea.xyz/

its completely free on pc, and on phone you can unlock all stages for like 1,15$, otherwise to progress you have to get every star in a level pack which is goddamn ridiculous but possible.
It's super loving difficult, because you can't just guesstimate positions, no matter how close, you have to like prove them with shapes and mathematical principles and its really really cool but also really really hard.
Thanks for nerd trapping me....this is tough. I hope the last level is trisecting the angle. The "E" stars specifically are super hard and I'm pretty sure we never touched minimal-move constructions in high school.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 15, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

I made a puzzle game.

Everyone, please: Buy My Game.

Okay, I will.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

TBH I would have bought your game even if it looked like crap for all the work you did on crawl so it's extra-cool that it also looks really fun to me, a big nerd. Is there a place that isn't steam that gets you a bigger cut or something?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

that's the hardcore mode.
I have to go back to silicon zeroes - I have a basic pipelined processor working but I put off doing control flow and the last chapter. Fun game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Geez I'm so busy lately, this is an awful time to be putting off all other responsibilities to play strange programming-adjacent puzzle games.

• Locked thread