Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Vastarien posted:

Him talking about the death of Gilda Radner is pretty fuckin sad, man.

i know thats a natural part of life we all have to deal with but still :suicide:

enjoy evry sandwich ya'll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
If you want to watch an underrated Wilder classic check out Sherlock Holmes's Smarter Brother. It doesn't hold up super well but it's got some god drat hilarious parts in it. Also gently caress you 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5IWHt4OoNk
:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

When Alan Rickman died I told my wife that Abe Vigoda passed.

A week later I told her Gene Wilder was dead.

Today I got to break the news that Mel Brooks finally kicked the bucket.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

He's probably wearing a diaper in this pic jsyk

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

He's probably wearing a diaper in this pic jsyk

lmbo do u think he poo poo HIS PANTS???? :D

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nooner posted:

lmbo do u think he poo poo HIS PANTS???? :D

He might have been a goon. :shrug:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Actually

Atoramos posted:

Stan Lee, Eric Idle, Gene Wilder, Tim Curry, Michael Caine, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Mel Brooks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

YLLS as f

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
maybe it's just a prank like when Willy Wonka got his cane stuck in the bricks and pretended to fall then did a somersault

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66a59bOGTzU&hd=1

i really wanted to find the whole sequence of max talking leo into going along with the scheme ("money is honey, bloom...") because this scene really needs the build-up beforehand for the crescendo to pack the punch that it did for me.

i mean, we all know that the whole thing goes all to poo poo later on, but the potential that bloom realized that he held --as hilarious as the whole movie-- is, without a doubt in my mind, one of the most beautiful scenes ever put to film. the last time i was in new york city, i made it a point to see the fountain at lincoln center just because of that scene.

all in all, i guess gene really did end up getting everything he had ever seen in the movies, and i can't be too sad about that. :unsmith:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly, i don't think mel's first choice (peter sellers) could have delivered the pathos quite like gene wilder did.

and for that, the world was a brighter place, if only for a little while.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Toriori posted:

time for people on my Facebook to pretend like they ever gave a poo poo about gene wilder

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Wilder was loving epic.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I was actually just talking to my girlfriend the other day about how good he was and at first that made me sad, but then I thought that it's pretty cool that he had such an impact that we were still talking about him right up until his death. Most people are forgotten before that long. :unsmith:

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fiend posted:

Gene Hackman is the last remaining Gene

Someone would like to have a word with you.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/62cb45073aee4239a0195884c12d68cd/nephew-gene-wilder-star-mel-brooks-movies-dies-83 posted:

Wilder's nephew said Monday that the actor and writer died late Sunday at his home in Stamford, Connecticut, from complications from Alzheimer's disease.

Jordan Walker-Pearlman said in a statement that Wilder was diagnosed with the disease three years ago, but kept the condition private so as not to disappoint fans.

"He simply couldn't bear the idea of one less smile in the world," Walker-Pearlman said.
:smith:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we did it

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/770398055073972228

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Jesus Christ.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gene's meme game was strong.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Gonna watch Willy Wonka and then I'm gonna watch Blazing saddles. I might pour out some Bourbon for a fallen brother.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Gene Wilder always seemed like a kind man. Something about his face and his eyes. He just seemed good.

I'm sure others know exactly what I mean.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Gene Wilder always seemed like a kind man. Something about his face and his eyes. He just seemed good.

I'm sure others know exactly what I mean.

If you can live for 83 years and never have anyone utter a single disparaging word about you....

Well, that's a loving accomplishment.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

killed by muslims

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

VendaGoat posted:

If you can live for 83 years and never have anyone utter a single disparaging word about you....

Well, that's a loving accomplishment.

If only he and Mister Rogers could have a baby together.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

If only he and Mister Rogers could have a baby together.

Yah....

Yah.

:smith:

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
on the bright side you can imagine wilder and pryor doing one of their buddy flicks where they're traveling through hell

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

According to the news, he passed away holding his wife's hand while listening to this, his favorite recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc2rTt74Qys

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a retard posted:

on the bright side you can imagine wilder and pryor doing one of their buddy flicks where they're traveling through hell

True the gently caress enough.

Peep these perfect breasts.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/THkeKfK.jpg:nws:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw: his autobiography, "kiss me like a stranger" is really, really good.

also: gently caress alzheimers.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL what a goof

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Nooner posted:

whats it like to die and be dead :confused:

if you're very bad they make people read your posts

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sharzak posted:

if you're very bad they make people read your posts

This

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The Willy Wonka Boat scene had a definite meaning. :)

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
His best role was when he played a guy loving a sheep in a Woody Allen movie.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

granddadcore

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I bet we can fit walken and maybe Patrick stewart in too I mean there's like 3 months left

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

RocktheCaulk posted:

ooh maybe woody Allen right in time for chanukah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RocktheCaulk posted:

BA-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah!

• Locked thread