Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mastema was always pretty shady, even when he's nice towards the player, he's kind of condescending about it, and does nothing to alleviate Zelenin's fears but rather bolster them with the 'you can trust me and only me'.

And it's no accident that he's the only major character that's masked every time we see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

The Mattybee posted:

Ah, but have you considered that him being Law-aligned means he's fundamentally Good and any implication to the contrary is merely the writers forcing him to be un-Good?

Ah yes, forgot who originally brought that point up.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I feel like they got it out of order, you should be fighting Zelenin first, and then Mastema - not in terms of power, but storywise.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It would have to majorly overhaul it's mechanics and story for me to consider getting it - I love the concept and the co-op is interesting in theory, it's the execution.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Honestly, I'm surprised SJ gets a remake, far as I'm aware, it's not a super-popular game in the Megaten umbrella.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

There's parts that weren't as bad as I remembered, and parts that were way worse than I recalled.

It's kind of sad how SJ has the potential to be a really fantastic game, but a lot of baffling design decisions - how Co-Op attacks get procc'd creating false weaknesses, the back half of the game's maps end up being either boring or superfrustrating, bosses being easy and boring or hard by the sole virtue of gently caress you moves, and story decisions - such as cramming Jack's Squad in a short space, how Chaos route gets your crew on board, and Neutral route's existence essentially being hidden until it's about too late to join.

If the remake fixes a lot of those problems, great, but I am skeptical of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

jfc, Jimenez almost looks like he should be stomping on some houses in AoT - his mouth is way too wide.

• Locked thread