Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
My main problem with Zelenin is how uncompromising she is about the demon thing. Her crewmates actively used the DSP to rescue her after all. Also for a mission about, I dunno, saving the world, she really is squeamish about using their best chance of survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Crappy characterization aside, I'm legitimately curious about the purported choices here.

1. Can you actually turn off the machine and kill Bugaboo there and stop the fusion?
2. With the fusion hazard, can the game continue like that with Jiminez effectively being dead there?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
For the record, I do realize that people feel strongly about the events that happen therein, but can we at least see one ending before people make a lot of declarative statements about all the endings?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The law ending is kind of creepy thinking on the wider scale of things and all. But... I just have a hard time taking it seriously at all. The ending of the game feels really abrupt just because there really isn't that much story development time. I appreciate that things probably take a lot longer if you're actually playing through, but presented as pure story, there's just... nothing much there.

It's incredibly bare-bones, and I didn't like either of the two people trying to make arguments here. When the choice is 'herp' and 'derp'... .eh gently caress it.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Sadly, when the issue is "[powers outside of your control] have decided you are a blight on the planet and must be wiped from existence", your options are to resist, die, or conform.

"herp" and "derp" are two shades of conformity, in this case - conformity to religion and conformity to feral beasts.

Actually, my problem is that for being something that's supposed to be about the fate of the world, I feel like the way to the ending is incredibly underdeveloped. People have to change too suddenly to fit what is needed for whatever beat in the plot.

I think a big contributing problem to this is that Jack's loving stupid Squad ate way too much screen time and were horrifically badly written.

• Locked thread