Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Seeing LPers using unconventional methods to take on optional content as soon as possible is one of my favorite things in RPG LPs, hope we keep seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Good old Eridanus, I made sure to scan this for future reference and still shiver every time I look at it:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Source

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

This cracks me up, I can picture Zelenin like a crazy fangirl going bonkers when she overhears her idol's name.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Ammut is a solid, good demon. He's a competent enough Strength guy even though he's as simple as he looks. His Source gives Tyranny...

Ammut is a she :ssh:

I'm surprised at the dislike for Fornax around here. Delphinus, Eridanus, Grus, even Horologium I can understand, but after Eridanus such a straightforward sector felt like a nice breather for me. Boss battles are usually my favourite thing in these games so I enjoyed refighting the bosses as pathetic as they were.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The Gore fight taught me how ridiculous reflect damage is in this game, I brought a plain Doppleganger and ended up levelling from level 20-something up into the 40s, I believe Gore can't hurt it at all.

Also hated his full recovery bullshit, mostly because I assumed I had something wrong that triggered it and actually restarted the game to try a new approach. This was after Maya's battle that also tricked me into thinking I had to do something in order to exploit her elemental weaknesses without triggering her instadeath attack, until I coincidentially discovered she was also weak to guns, so I was really paranoid about bosses' gimmicks.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

This seems to be a rule in SMT games in general from what I've heard. To the point where using them is pointless.

Digital Devil Saga is mostly fine with it since shields are a big part of battle mechanics in that one. There's still a handful of bosses that do the "taking their ball and going home because you won't play by their rules" as-said-by-Dragonatrix routine.

I found the shield items quite useful in Persona 3 too, it's sorta balanced by the fact that they're quite rare and once you get access to the spells with the same effect most bosses already know Megidolaon.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 10, 2017

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I liked the invisible floors part actually, the trick is to actually look at the upper screen to see the landmarks in the distance to get a clue about where you are supposed to go. Nice timing for that puzzle since you'd normally look at the upper screen while exploring more often at the beginning of the game but by this time players usually focus on the minimap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for this entertaining LP.

So it seems the crew are finally going to get their own portraits in D3EP, they sure deserve them, my favorite fanarts of this game are the ones that give them actual faces.

• Locked thread