Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

freshlybaked posted:

Repeated line there, also a typo in that third sentence. (at least I assume it's a typo)

Honestly can't believe I forgot about Captain Jack and his crew. It never occurred to me to think of them as the neutral faction, but it makes an odd amount of sense considering they're, well, neutral to all the deeper stuff going on. So who else thinks the black Demonicas look cooler than the gold ones?

i don't think dragonatrix thinks the space-time anomaly libertarians are anything approaching nuetral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
and if he does, i certainly don't

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Just looking at the teleport maze minimap makes me scream internally. Why is this sector the best, again?

he's done it enough to forget that the first time going thru it you will wonder in a circle for like 30 minutes unless you get lucky

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GeneX posted:

This bullshit is where the game lost me completely. If you keep breaking the rules of the setting, what's the point? The characters aren't good enough to salvage this trainwreck.

what rules did it break exactly? the 3 other beings were introduced at the very beginning and were shown to be fine with interfering with the protag's mission even then, so shunting them off to a different part of the space-time anomaly isn't really that out there

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SweaterGear posted:

Any particular reason why not? I used to hoard that kind of stuff in videogames, but at some point my brain chemistry switched and now I use those sorts of items almost immediately. Because why save it for later when I can have the power now?

they're more useful as a full hp/sp heal then as a stat boost, that's how i've always used them

assumedly dragonatrix is just better at the game then me and never needs that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

freshlybaked posted:

I think you're an update early. Zelenin hasn't quite yet washed her head in any of Mastema's supposed brain water yet.
I mean. It's probably gonna happen for sure, but not just yet.

this game isn't subtle about who's aligned how, and also this is the update where zel starts making it clear she think mastema is better then all these icky humans

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
zel's outfit is terrible, and the brainwashing scene is good, in that it makes me never wanna go law

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
murder is correct, but since you have a law protag it'd make more sense to brainwash them

also, thanks for doing the worst path first, assuming the alignment holds

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i really like zelenin going from "angels are cool i guess" to "submit wholly to god's will" in the course of this dungeon

and by really like i of course mean how does anyone pick law in this game without feeling like a dumbass

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh so the sector represents laziness by reusing previous assets, thats clever if kinda meta

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the nice divine people who brainwash people

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GeneX posted:

Oh look, an extended bad ending.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kvx687 posted:

That implies this game has an ending that isn't.

yeah, this game has more of a "least bad" ending then a "good" ending

which i like about it, good endings are for squares

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's pretty hilarious how well Dragonatrix played us all. After assuming we'd end up on Chaos route because that's the logical branch from murdering Jack's Squad, he instead throws the Law ending at us. And Zelenin immediately proves that this is a terrible idea by showing up, attacking the Red Sprite the moment Gore and Arthur are down and BRAINWASHING THE ENTIRE CREW. gently caress team Law.

his alignment has been law the entire lp and he went out of his way (well kinda) to get it back to law after the killing jack's squad thing, i hope you don't drive if you're this unobservant

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Getting away from that argument that will go nowhere because, as already noted we can't even discuss everything because we have yet to see even one ending, do people here really hate this game? A lot of the comments on this page have been really scathing about...well, everything. I actually really enjoyed the Law stuff in this game.

i like this game, but mostly cause i'm bad at it so I don't chump it ever, unlike dragonatrix

also i like dugeon-crawling in general, even slogs like some of the sectors here, i had fun making maps for Sector E when i was a kid

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
if anything, chaos is the alignment of in-fighting so it makes more sense for chaos to fight chaos

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i seem to have blocked out the lower half of horologium cause i didn't remember any of that

looking forward to cheesing mem aleph tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pieuvre posted:

... on the other hand, being real here, most people who play SMT are just wanting Pokemon with gods and monsters, so they deliver on that front, at least?

why do you think people in 1992 played it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

This ending made me perfectly satisfied with my choice of going Law for my introductory SMT game. Everyone lived happily ever after, the end.

you are a strange strange man, but i guess the eternal trick of fate is that you have the free will to have this opinion

unrelated, but i hate mem's fivehead, it looks weird, bad weird not good weird

i do like her second form tho, thats the good kind of weird

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
law makes you a mindless slave, while chaos makes you high on cocaine

and that's why i choose the neutral route whenever i replay it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Docahedron posted:

Does everyone not realize this is a Japanese RPG that is infamous for (1) making GBS threads on the Christian idea of God every opportunity (2) making any Chaos route the "better" one (to angsty teens but that's another story entirely) (3) making absolutely no sense when it comes to continuity, logic, or...anything, ever?

So yeah Mastema is just filler. They didn't feel like putting in someone cool like Uriel, would cost more to get the art.

They want to spend as little money as possible to make goons argue on the internet.

it's more making GBS threads on the jewish idea of god

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the incredible gimmick of "liking a route in a video game i don't like"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i really do love that gigeresque statue at the end there

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

So, uh, who exactly wanted a 3DS remake of this?

me, loving hell yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
eh who cares about gore, we get to follow the character with the most personality, Arthur

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

A nuke on one of the ships seems plausible, compared to the brainwashing gun they had.

hey man, we might need that nuke in case a bad guy gets their hands on the brainwashing beam!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh wait crap did i miss mother's day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh shucks, you tricked me, its not for another month, still got time

• Locked thread