Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Strange Journey has one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't it around this time that the lp started to quite literally break Luisfe?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was only because of Zelenin that there was a crew left to turn on the Red Sprite. So at this point it would only be right to make her sit back and watch what happens when you are unwilling to make hard decisions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's actually kind of funny that it was the law hero who accepted the fusion just for the sake of power whilst it was the chaos hero who only made the choice in a desperate bid to protect an ally.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Robindaybird posted:

Yea, they're both bad - Yamato just really rubs me the wrong way.

That's because Yamato is a rich boy libertarian who talks about how great adversity is whilst he himself has never wanted for anything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kill them all.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tallgeese posted:

We're talking about a game series where this courtesy is not even given to the creator of the universe.

That's because the creator is an rear end in a top hat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this point Lusife was so broken by the game that you could almost hear his cries of despair in every post.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Nothing wrong with wanting to take the humanity out of humans. For who doesn't want to be a meat puppet?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Robindaybird posted:

And he was the final boss in SMT2 in fact.

And in SMT IV Apocalypse.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

The Law route promises peace and security. Chaos promises a bloodbath of unparalleled proportions.

The game is pretty straightforward about all of this and given the choice, I would hope everyone would pick peace and security over worldwide death and destruction.

I still can't stand Jimenez who, after fusing with Boo, apparently learns nothing. Bugaboo's problem was he lacked the killer instinct of other demons. It made him a victim because their system is horrible and evil and only rewards people with the drive to hurt others. But, after becoming one with Boo, Jimenez chooses to embrace that exact system which tormented his "friend."

Like Chiaki in Nocturne, Might Makes Right is just the dumbest, most hypocritical thing ever.

Peace through slavery. Who wouldn't want that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

As I recall, our hero chose to try and become an angel but Mastema said no. As such, it does not look like he or the angels want us to be a brainwashed zombie.

So we are just ensuring that the rest of humanity gets enslaved? Oh that is so much better.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

This ending made me perfectly satisfied with my choice of going Law for my introductory SMT game. Everyone lived happily ever after, the end.

Have you played Tales of Berseria?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to reply but gently caress it, let's have a serious talk about dumb video games.

It is the beauty of human free will that we can give up that free will if we so choose. It's not about being fooled or deceived. Some people simply like it. There's nothing wrong with finding security or happiness in submission to some authority.

Now of course Law has genocide and brainwashing and I don't approve of that. But as far as I know "a lot of people die" is just how most SMT games end. All I can do is follow which side makes the best argument, which is why I went with Lucy in Nocturne. As you just pointed out, Neutral makes no real argument in this game and Chaos is no real option.

Only one person made that choice though. For everyone else they were robbed of free will.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If they had just butchered everyone in the Red Spirit then that would have made more sense.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I much rather argue with Tallgeese as at least he is willing to do more then just make a statement about law being awesome. In a more general meta way it feels appropriate for SMT game threads to be filled with the same arguments as everybody believes that this time they will be able to convince everybody else that their side was right.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am looking forward to seeing how you chump the final boss.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, there are two ways the Demiurge fight goes and neither is particularly exciting:

1. You don't know his gimmick, or do and try to fight him normally anyway, and it's Really Long and Annoying;
2. You just say gently caress it and hit him with Almighty attacks for a few minutes and it's still Relatively Long and Boring

Pretty much the entire reason I bothered using the demons I did was to speed things up, because it sure ain't required by any means. I probably could've used the same team as the Jimenez fight and all it would do is make the fight take significantly longer without actually being any harder. For a so called "Ultimate Boss," the Demiurge is a big ol' paper tiger compared to a lot of things that are plot required.

Edit: I'm still going to actually use him because that way the fact that I decided to go and get 100% Compendium won't feel like a waste of about 40 minutes (it was absolutely a waste of nearly an hour).

In that case can I post the youtube link of how to clown Mem Alph by abusing barriers and weak demons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was a solid lp and sorry about spoiling how you were going to chump the final boss.

• Locked thread