Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jimenez and Arthur really make a great team even if the former's an unlikable dick. They work too well together.

Also it says a lot about how demons understand human culture that all the advertisements are boiled down into their most basic premise: "BUY - CONSUME".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jimenez' "three-stars chef" comment is likely a reference to the Michelin stars, given to exceptionally good restaurants and chefs. Three is actually the highest number of stars there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sorry, I can't take Rosetta: Car seriously. I get that it came from using the first three letters and all but that's just silly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kwancha's portrait on the lower screen makes it look like a rusted Magnemite.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

freshlybaked posted:

What's uh... the deal with that game breaking 'Jirae Unknown'? Your description of it makes me think of some weird MissingNo type thing.

I was about to ask the same, and also where the passwords come from since I didn't quite understand that. I'm surprised the game lets you have a copy of Gore in your party considering how little sense that makes, are these just randomly generated for everything that has data in the game or something?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel the game is trying to tell me Jimenez isn't in the right here for wanting to get rid of the people who have shown absolutely no redeeming qualities, keep causing things that would be war crimes at the very least if law was a thing in the Schwhatever, and keep interrupting the flow of gameplay so the player will also hate them.

I can't disagree with Jimeboo here, is what I'm trying to say. Murder them all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just murder Jack's squad already. Free them from being holy zombies. Honestly, you could consider this a mercy kill.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You have a broken end-tag for the Encounter link when Gemori appears, Dragonatrix, as well as a random [i] on the Mortal Knife.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GimmickMan posted:

The law route does a very good job of luring you with a false sense of security and pretending to be a reasonable option until the very end when you realize it is arguably the worst of them.

If I wasn't sure this is entirely coincidental, I'd call it good writing.

I'm not entirely sure how any of this could ever be considered reasonable. It's a route about brainwashing everyone in the world.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NikkolasKing posted:

This ending made me perfectly satisfied with my choice of going Law for my introductory SMT game. Everyone lived happily ever after, the end.

Are you loving serious? That is not a good ending.

Mission complete, you've successfully erased free will and now everyone's a holy zombie. The Lord thanks you. No one is against it, because they're either brainwashed or dead. Yay!

Dragonatrix posted:

Not, Hitonari. Unleash the power you hold.

"Not" indeed.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Docahedron posted:

It's not actually effort when it takes approximately 2 sentences to rile up certain goons about videogames.

Really it comes down to

Tallgeese: I like thing.
Other Guy: *extended paragraphs of "no you're wrong because you're not part of the groupthink"*
Tallgeese: I still like thing.
Others: CONFORM! CONFORM!

The internet as a whole is like this though, so.

I don't give a poo poo about this argument, but I find it hilarious that the CONFORM! CONFORM! side in your simplified conversation is the one talking against the Law path.

• Locked thread