Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
Mastema's outfit is really wierd. In his conversation portraits, it looks like some large origami robe, but when we get a full body shot, it barely goes past his waist. Why does Zelenin find that guy's presence comforting when it looks like simply raising his arms would put an unreasonable amount of his grey skinny body on show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

And so Zelenin has fallen from "Voice of Reason" and is gleefully drinking from the fountain of 'praise YHVH until he comes up with a solution'. That's always been my main point of complaint with characters who end up Law aligned. Not to mention that once they get whatever divine upgrade that specific entry gives them, they always completely discard their prior peaceful leanings and get even more kill-happy than the Chaos heroes.

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

freshlybaked posted:

I think you're an update early. Zelenin hasn't quite yet washed her head in any of Mastema's supposed brain water yet.
I mean. It's probably gonna happen for sure, but not just yet.

Jack's Squad are bragging about how they murdered the overseers that were left with them and how they're gonna kill the rest of the team too, but Zelenin is against any reaction that will directly cause any humans to suffer. Instead of coming up with a solution on her own, she's saying we should go see the angel to get told what the answer is. No 'probably' about it. She's already soaping up her brain and is now asking for permission to give Mastema the cleaning rag.

On the topic of Jimenezaboo, I really don't see why people are so keen on seeing him locked up. With how common demon usage is, the first solution to come to mind should be getting Hitonari to Scout him. Sure, he's a Special demon, so he'll be weaker once he's on our side, but that completely eliminates the need to worry about keeping him under control, because our demons only disobey because of status ailments.

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

And now we have our two Moral Extremes endings, and to the surprise of no one, both are horrible for humanity.

Law - You have a choice. Either get a magic lobotomy and spend every waking moment singing the praises of a god whose only desire is to be praised for doing nothing, or you can 'return to the formless matter', which is a pretty blatant euphemism for dead and decomposing.

Chaos - You have a choice. Either follow the path of the Demi-Fiend and get real good at punching demons in the face, or else those demons are gonna punch you in the face. (That's a euphemism for tearing you limb from limb, and twisting your head off like it's the cap on a bottle of water)

Now personally, I think Chaos is better than Law, but I'm pretty sure that Gore's ending is probably gonna have the best outcome for the planet.

• Locked thread