Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh thank god, I always feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really like Strange Journey. It's good to be in a safe space.

Anyways, various comments about things I've read so far. I haven't played SMT1/2 extensively, but from every other SMT game I've played (which is all of them), a purely offensive strategy/build always felt like the "right" way to play. All you need is a single party member with the proper resistances who can use a Media-variant skill to fuel your three other party members through pretty much any given boss fight. The reason certain notable bosses in the series are so hard are because you have a limited access to skills, but even that boss in Nocturne can be killed in like two turns if you just bring the three right demons. Some games, namely SMT4 and Devil Survivor, are very accommodating to an all-out build (Doping and Luster Candy in 4, and then the Drain/Holy Dance/Grace max magic build in DS), while other games are mostly damage races anyways. As long as two party members have buffs/debuffs of the same type, like Rakunda and Rakukaja, you can hit both caps in a turn and a half, crippling most bosses who don't have Dekunda or Dekaja. Defense was such a non-issue in SMT4 that I used the Black Samurai uniform you get in the beginning of the game for my entire neutral route playthrough just because it looked cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread