Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Do it ironically posted:

but unless you're actually going to do something to help, it's extremely hollow and self indulgent

You want Kaepernick to kill a cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Do it ironically posted:

True, but they don't have the platform that a celebrity or sports star would, and I'm fine with standing up against police brutality and Black rights, but unless you're actually going to do something to help, it's extremely hollow and self indulgent

Do you want him to pass a law or something?

How do you know he isn't contributing money/time as well

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It they want to do something about people showing disrespect during the national anthem they should start with most of the people who try to sing it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

Hmm maybe because the anthem kicks rear end and is about kicking British rear end in war and sports are like war in a way

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

African AIDS cum posted:

Hmm maybe because the anthem kicks rear end and is about kicking British rear end in war and sports are like war in a way

Its pretty clearly not about kicking rear end

Its about getting your rear end kicked super hard and at the end shouting "You never got me down Ray"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The only time I ever did the pledge was when I was taking french in high school and I only did it to practice my french.

I think it worked because I can still say the pledge in french today.

That's my story

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
tweet of the year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its about getting your rear end kicked super hard and at the end shouting "You never got me down Ray"

Which, to be fair, was pretty goddamned awesome.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Hasn't Kaepernick been sitting during the Anthem since week 1 of the preseason? It just didn't blow up until now because he didn't get game time until week 3. I'm surprised no one caught that until now

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 29, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Pat yourselves on the back guys. You're definitely cool and edgy for making GBS threads on people who "support are troops" and retards who like honoring America lmao

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

Pat yourselves on the back guys. You're definitely cool and edgy for making GBS threads on people who "support are troops" and retards who like honoring America lmao

Kaepernick is honoring America and the soldiers who died defending it by representing America's sacred values of political expression and the right to stand by your own moral mandate

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cravius posted:

I can't reach my back because I'm too swole will you pat it for me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I can't reach my back because I'm too swole will you pat it for me

Flex really hard and have your traps high five each other

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kaepernick is honoring America and the soldiers who died defending it by representing America's sacred values of political expression and the right to stand by your own moral mandate

And people who think he's an idiot for believing that standing for the flag = supporting racism get to express that opinion too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Freaking millionaire QBs who won't honor murica and show their loyalty (flies stars and bars)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

And people who think he's an idiot for believing that standing for the flag = supporting racism get to express that opinion too

yeah but they are dumb and wrong so who cares

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

cravius posted:

Who said they can't what are you even taking about.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Freaking millionaire QBs who won't honor murica and show their loyalty (flies stars and bars)

I have a feeling the GTFO KAEP crowd, the Make America Great Again crowd and the Stars and Bars crowd venn diagram is basically a circle.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kaep was raised by 2 white parents and is the only player in the league who was penalized for saying the n word on the field. Odd case.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

After every first down you need to kiss a bible and jack off a bald eagle show your respect for this country

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Freaking rednecks who think the flag means something are dumb and racist and I won't support players who share this opinion. (Posts long defense of Kapernicks right to free speech).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you don't literally cry like Knowshon Moreno during the SSB then why are we even paying you millions of dollars to play A GAME

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

cravius posted:

cravius posted:

u mad?

Nov 6, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

The only time I ever did the pledge was when I was taking french in high school and I only did it to practice my french.

I think it worked because I can still say the pledge in french today.

That's my story

The Pledge of Allegiance is a really creepy thing when you think about the words, and making school children all over the country say it every morning is bordering on Orwellian.

You wanna sing about how great your country is? Fine, whatever. But swearing allegiance to the bureaucracy of the nation is absurd.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

After every first down you need to kiss a bible and jack off a bald eagle show your respect for this country

I think that's in the bill of rights somewhere

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't have to worry about it I have JJ Watt on my team :patriot:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why does Kaepernick get to blame people who never owned slaves or did bad things for Americas past. This seems racist itself. Lets let bygones be bygones. He was raised white trash in Turlock or something like that anyway. Obama has really harmed race relations in this country. Things used to be really chill.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

Freaking rednecks who think the flag means something are dumb and racist and I won't support players who share this opinion. (Posts long defense of Kapernicks right to free speech).

The american flag means bud light, blonde twins with big hooters, and burning coal down by the quarry in your F150

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The american flag means bud light, blonde twins with big hooters, and burning coal down by the quarry in your F150

Agreed

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol if you don't burn coal at crowded bus stops

public transit is for losers

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kaep is clever he is gonna make up for all that lost mighty wings endorsement revenue by selling truckloads of jerseys to 110 IQ NPR/John Oliver fan IT workers.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

He's been mad in 2 threads for days about this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kaep going after that elusive deadlifting IT worker market

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Intruder posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

Goon mod mocks man for being employed and physically fit

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Can images be thread titles? Cause:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Another smoking hot take

https://twitter.com/LucaBrasi718/status/770379719372079104

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lacks the snappy brevity of the other one

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
And yet through all this, Kap still has a chance at being the Week 1 starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man Tony taking a lot of heat bc of some jackass running on the track during a goddamn race

• Locked thread