Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

My guess would be he A.) believes it cannot be changed and has taken on a philosophy of disengagement. B.) He's a literal Marxist who believes violent revolution is our only savior.

C.) The Democratic candidate for the Presidency was so clearly poo poo that the dude was simply part of millions of other people who could not be fear mongered into going and voting for her.

It's p cool though, I mean, knowing that my simply voting makes me more special than a fella who used his stage to make a statement that got massive attention towards a particularly troubling societal problem. Along with the money and time he's now devoting towards actual activism. It feels good being even more awesome than that, simply for casting a ballot in a state that might as well have wiped it's rear end with my opinion on where it's electoral ballots should have gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The337th posted:

C.) The Democratic candidate for the Presidency was so clearly poo poo that the dude was simply part of millions of other people who could not be fear mongered into going and voting for her.

It's p cool though, I mean, knowing that my simply voting makes me more special than a fella who used his stage to make a statement that got massive attention towards a particularly troubling societal problem. Along with the money and time he's now devoting towards actual activism. It feels good being even more awesome than that, simply for casting a ballot in a state that might as well have wiped it's rear end with my opinion on where it's electoral ballots should have gone.

Or the death penalty. Or parole for non violent offenders. Or recreational pot. Or medical spending. Or prescription drugs. Or bilingual programs in schools. Or school bonds. Or taxes. Or congressional representatives. Or local representatives. Or other local issues.

So yes, he's made his voice heard, effectively and courageously, on an important topic. I applaud him and support him for that.

And I simultaneously think he's foolish for ignoring the most simple and necessary (though perhaps not sufficient) way to effect change on every topic at hand.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Seriously why are people refusing to understand you vote for more than just president

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Because civics education in America sucks dick

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The337th posted:

We've now learned he's never registered to vote, ever. so your premise is bunk.

I mean, he's a young dude, so he probably just never got around to it... being that he's been completely focused on football since he was pretty much 9.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Are you guys really just hearing the argument and premise that the oppressor will never allow the oppressed to vote away their oppression

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've heard it but haven't given up completely on Democracy yet, so it's not an appealing argument.

I'm getting there, though, get back to me after the midterms.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdfRRtAs3o

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Seriously why are people refusing to understand you vote for more than just president

Yep. It's Colin outright refusing to vote for his entire life then telling us things need to change. There's way more on the ticket than stodgy old people. Ballot measures, etc, can do more for a community than whichever old person runs the country.

Hence the goddammit Colin.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
he hasn't voted once IN HIS WHOLE LIFE? fuuuuck, ahhhh god drat it. piece of poo poo!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gynecolojustice posted:

he hasn't voted once IN HIS WHOLE LIFE? fuuuuck, ahhhh god drat it. piece of poo poo!
hosed up if true

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
For real, if he's spreading the message to young, underprivileged youth that voting is stupid and they shouldn't bother (and they're gonna listen, because a famous NFL QB is telling them that: the coolest person they'll probably ever meet), then he's doing some loving harm while he's trying to do good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SteeDi7ALrU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Oh god haha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"When has voting ever helped? Who am I supposed to vote for? The Democrat who is going to blast me in the rear end? Or the Republican who's blasting my rear end?” - Colin Rand Kaepernick

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hillary would be a much better president than Trump. Let's not surrender to the blanket cynics on that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
-would be slightly better than a white nationalist, and you'd be rubber stamping that as the only bar the Democrat candidate needs to clear, yeah.

But this does cause a problem of, "Okay, you kneel to protest the flag, but the point of a protest is to prompt change, and what would change your mind and make you stand again," which has always been a bit of a hole for Kap's logic. He's never really outlined any demands, and then by throwing away his vote, he's crossing out one more avenue of change. The question now is, "Kap, what do you want?" And the only way laws get passed in this country (not proposed and all that, but passed) is through voting.

I very specifically showed up to the polls to vote down ticket. It's important.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

How can anyone possibly say "slightly better"? Have you forgotten how bad things can get? All the horrible things that Trump has promised? Did you read the Democratic platform?

Do people not understand that the Democrats become more liberal when they win and more conservative when they lose?

I will stop contributing to the derail with this post.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

yeah kaepernick, why didn't you vote hillary so we could blame all our problems on the russians and start world war 3?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

incompetent posted:

yeah kaepernick, why didn't you vote hillary so we could blame all our problems on the russians and start world war 3?

Excellent name/post combo.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Excellent name/post combo.

nice burn, did you take 15 minutes to come up with it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

incompetent posted:

nice burn, did you take 15 minutes to come up with it?

Except post/name combo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
By refusing to vote because the system is bad, then saying things need to change, isn't Kaep in some way calling for revolution?

Chepernick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

v2vian man posted:

Are you guys really just hearing the argument and premise that the oppressor will never allow the oppressed to vote away their oppression

So full on revolt then?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Shangri-Law School posted:

How can anyone possibly say "slightly better"? Have you forgotten how bad things can get? All the horrible things that Trump has promised? Did you read the Democratic platform?

Do people not understand that the Democrats become more liberal when they win and more conservative when they lose?

I will stop contributing to the derail with this post.

It probably shouldn't , but it absolutely amazes me how quickly people forgot the Bush years. Republicans did a masterful job blurring recent history.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Chepernick

Nice.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Chepernick

hell yeah

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Can you make a reversible Chepernick/Kaeptain America shirt so I can order a dozen and wear literally only those forever

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

By refusing to vote because the system is bad, then saying things need to change, isn't Kaep in some way calling for revolution?

Chepernick

This owns.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Febreeze posted:

Chepernick

(just don't tell anyone that che hated black people)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

(just don't tell anyone that che hated black people)

So did Gandhi, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln; what is your point?

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Chichevache posted:

So did Gandhi, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln; what is your point?

There are people who are anti-racist that wear shirts of a man who was racist.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

I'm not a homophobe, but I love Peter Steele and sing along to Type O Negative all the time.

Also I love intellectual books that are mentally taxing, but I sometimes read Incompetent's posts. :shrug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
PRINT THE SHIRTS!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

incompetent posted:

People would wear a Lincoln shirt if his face wasn't so ugly.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Chichevache posted:

I'm not a homophobe, but I love Peter Steele and sing along to Type O Negative all the time.

Also I love intellectual books that are mentally taxing, but I sometimes read Incompetent's posts. :shrug:

A person's opinion on a large group of certain people isn't just some minor thing you can ignore.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I too hate most white people before the 1980s.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
John Brown was cool

the sword-swinging abolitionist, not the Cardinals WR

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

incompetent posted:

A person's opinion on a large group of certain people isn't just some minor thing you can ignore.

of course it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

incompetent posted:

Much like your lovely, lovely posting.

• Locked thread