Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Cavauro posted:

this seem like a good thread to think of every colin youve heard of and say them to eachother. colin quinn. colin farrell. colin mochrie. uh. colin cowherd, colin hanks. and dont forget colin jones from football, the sport.

Colin Powell
Tom Collins
Colin Firth
Colin Hay

Welp, I'm out.

edit: Oh, Collins from Rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

My new goal in life is to be a HoF voter and try to get Miko in the Hall as a contributor.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sam bradford lmao posted:

Man I can only imagine what Twitter and Facebook would be like if both were around when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf did the same thing

Imagine social media when Ali said gently caress off to the Army about Vietnam.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

cravius posted:

Statistically you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than killed by a cop

Gonna back that up, or did you quickly realize how full of poo poo you are and have to back peddle like the Saints secondary?

edit: People should just auto-reply to Cravius with this any time he posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zIYzSN3jGM

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 3, 2016

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

"The media" has already mentioned it many times.

Also:
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/772774450387415040

Haha, you can always count on Bomani to find the fun places in twitter, even if he isn't actively commenting on them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mean the kneeldowns occur during a song specifically about war so I don't see why it's a weird jump

The 3rd verse of which has been cut because it talks about fighting fornthe right to have slaves. There is room for nuance here.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

They are literally afraid for their lives if they do that. I have a few friends working at the Santa Clara County Jail, which is under investigation by the FBI for murdering a bunch of inmates because they're god drat psychopaths. Apparently if any officer breaks ranks with the rest, they will refuse to go to their aid when an alert happens on their block, i.e., leaving them at the mercy of the inmates they've been abusing for years. It's pretty hosed up, and really disturbing how easily most of them are sucked up into that hosed up mentality.

On Lebatards show, Stephen A Smith just said that he has spoken to minority police officers who flat out told them if they break rank they would be targeted first.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I don't know if any cop in America would have been any better in that moment, honestly.

Thats kind of the loving problem.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

You are both wrong. It's a fine show. It takes TV tech trolling to new heights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

CSI: Cyber? TURN LEFT, HOLLYWOOD!

I thought I read somewhere that this scene was the culmination of the writers trying to come up with the most ridiculous tech scene possible. Like, they kept on one upping each other and this was the eventual winner.

Not sure if it tops the "code carved into bone so when the computer scans it forms a virus that makes the computers overheat" scene from Bones.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, but she's got great cans.

She is like the MILF version of Zooey. Actually, the show does have some highlights, like Billy Gibbs playing himself in a couple episodes. Its a decent procedural for the first couple seasons, then they have to get more creative and wacky, so you have that bone virus poo poo happen.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

From Stugotz's Weekend Observations:

"Following a 6 to 6 tie in primetime, we have Brock Osweiler vs. Trevor Simien and then Jags Titans on Thursday. But the bad ratings are all Kaepernick's fault."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh my god, everything he has said and done about police brutality has suddenly become invalid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

incompetent posted:

So where's the blue collared, not liberal-commie, Trump supporter sports thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793416&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

• Locked thread