Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
THEIR HANDS WONT BE OVER THEIR HEART THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
pretty certain Jerry Jones has snipers in the rafters incase any of his players get ideas

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Seattle Tobys

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
After a long career he'll likely not be that smart so jokes on him

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
George Teague did nothing wrong

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
so what did the Eagles do because im sure as poo poo not actually watching them play

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Police forces died. What we have now are paramilitary units that recruit heavily from the actual military, receive training from ex-military and in turn view each day like they're heading outside the wire in Afghanistan.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Long story short, the paranoia of both LEO and their primary backers over violent crime and policing backlash does not jive with the fact that the United States is safer than it has ever been, and the same for policing. The foundation was laid for this by the War on Drugs but since 9/11 we're "at war" and the results show.

Edit: Part of this I think is the 'vindictiveness' of average people, at least the ones I interact with. We don't want justice, we want punishment. If someone does something wrong, they need to be punished to the fullest extent possible, especially if they are one of them. Last year my wife served on a jury for a sexual assault case. The incident was maybe 3 years old and ultimately a pretty flimsy case so he was found innocent, but there were people on the jury who wanted to find him guilty for no other reason than 'well, someone needs to be punished'. These are the same people who justify to themselves some unarmed guy getting blasted because he had an arrest two years prior. He did bad things before so obviously he would do them again!

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 22, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

I can't speak to other areas, but Chicago just reported the most violent month (August) in 20 years. More than 400 shot and almost 80 homicides. So, I'm not sure that is entirely accurate...

Chicago is a completely different problem and this year might break some trends, particularly in the officer death column, but as a whole the US is safer than ever.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Just doing a quick google search, seems like Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis are all up in homicides as well.

I think it is more of a problem than you are letting on.

You're welcome at any point to start looking at the US as a whole

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They got no where else to go. Baseball doesn't have near the level of violence, hockey too many foreigners and the NBA is full of (looks around cautiously) those kind.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Chichevache posted:

You know the most worrying thing about applying? If I told them I wasn't comfortable taking a human life in defense of my own unless I knew without a doubt the person I shot was going to kill someone else, I'd be disqualified. :shepicide:

Phone posting so I won't get the article but a Marine turned cop was fired for not gunning down a guy he thought was an obvious 'suicide by cop'. His buddies showed up, did the deed and yeah the guy's gun wasn't loaded.

Nm here https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.886a20355287

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 23, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hey I dunno if some of you know this but the punishment for 'being an awful person', previous offenses and not following instructions is NOT summary execution

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Finally the era of the black NFL qb will be upon us

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I met a white Jaelan yesterday and I wanted to vomit. Good Roman names need to make a comeback. Scipio and Titus are HoF names.

Titus will get drafted by the Bills meanwhile Khyler Manning will luck his way to a ring

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
excuse me i dont see you accounting for the D(Deserved it) factor

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The best part about all this is that white people are paying a fortune to get this rubbed in their face via football and they simply can't stop themselves

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its the 'prayer circle' of doing something

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Apparently a Nebraska player was told he should be hung because he kneeled.

did Osbourne say that or did he send an intern

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey remember when cops tried to shoot a guy sitting in the road playing with his toy truck and instead shot a guy trying to help him.

LIFE OR DEATH INDEED

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Again reposting the story of a cop who was fired for not blowing away a guy he thought was suicidal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/09/12/west-virginia-cop-fired-for-not-killing-a-man-with-an-unloaded-gun/

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Dont forget the part about brow beating the mentally ill into confessions

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They've avoided hiring smart people and now actively hire people with military backgrounds because if there's people out there who know how to deal with de-escalation, its guys who've spent a few years in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
old person has trouble with racial issues and the flag you say?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

its all nice on rice posted:

Slowly bring it to a boil while stirring. Have you not made a proper serving of cream of wheat?

maybe he eats real food

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
on saturday mornings i go 'hmm, should i have some cream of wheat like an 86 year old Michigan fan, or should I have some huevos rancheros like a grown rear end man'

and then i pop open a beer and start making huevos rancheros

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Spoeank posted:

What kind of goddamn degenerate alcoholic has a beer on Saturday mornings instead of a bloody Mary like an American

Bloody Marys are for Sunday

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Kinda stupid to have camps telling kids to know your rights when one of you most important ones is the right to vote for representation. If he thinks that is pointless then he better become a very vocal supporter of minority 2nd Amendment rights if he wants any change.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm really curious as to how Kaep thinks change is going to occur.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm really curious as to how Kaep thinks change is going to occur.

Trick question he didn't have that part figured out because athletes are idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

goddamn

• Locked thread