Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Kaep should do the same to strengthen his dead arm

Nah, he should do that dick sucking pantomime where you move your hand to your mouth while pushing out your cheek with your tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

If he wore any other jersey he'd be my favorite player.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm imagining all the conversations parents are having with their kids, asking what the term "woke" means. I bet the term "on fleak" comes up too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

The fun part is that Collin is protesting the way MLK would. In fact, he's being way tamer.

Way, way tamer. Not asking for boycotts, not breaking any laws. How many times did MLK get arrested?

It's one of the most mild protests ever, and the fact that it's making so many people angry is a loving indictment of this country by itself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sam bradford lmao posted:

hot take: with the exception of my tff bros and irl friends white people are objectively dogshit garbage. i will regret this post tomorrow morning #drunk

Nah, white people are garbage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

a question

will the media not mention it because she's white or because its womens soccer

*smokes pipe*

It's definitely getting less attention because it's not NFL.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FIRST TIME posted:

Freeper types will focus on the fact that she looks like a filthy lesbian. Book it.

I'll never be ashamed of my fellow gays (TFFers).

I can't imagine that many Freepers are aware women's soccer exists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Glad to hear that good players who've actually won a superbowl are joining Kaepernick's protest.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't get the letter because there was no way Russell Wilson was going to sit during the national anthem anyways.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

indigi posted:

he's just a small town kid from Richmond, Virginia. he was raised to do the right thing

Well, he released a public statement about how he respects the first ammendment but loving loves the flag and the National Anthem is deeply emotional to him and all that. rear end in a top hat lives in Bellevue, a Seattle suburb for people who think the welfare crisis started with busses. I like that he's a great quarterback on my team, but I recognize that he's a huge tool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is a football playing robot built by sponsors to best represent their #brand to 45 year old white suburban dads

You just have to look at how Cam Newton is treated by the media and public to see why Wilson acts the way he does. I'd rather Wilson be my quarterback than Kaepernick, but that's only because he's much better at football, if they traded abilities without trading personalities I'd be super jealous of the niners.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Kaepernick has always been much cooler, and it worked so much better when he was good but now... :sigh:

Cooler than Russell Wilson doesn't take much work. There's a reason my only football jersey is Marshawn Lynch's and now that he's retired I'm thinking about getting a Sherman one and not one for the our quarterback.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My favorite thing about this whole deal is all the people on my twitter feed who don't realize The National Anthem and The Pledge of Allegiance are two separate things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That's just Brits enjoying their own personal flavor of schadenfreude. The U.K. has nothing to be proud of in this area.

It's not that surprising that most Brits don't give a poo poo about "disrespecting the American Flag."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madcosby posted:

i dont even get how people can oppose Kaepernick or that blacks are being slain by cops unjustly. What the hell is the argument against it?

"Every single one of these shootings was justified," was a thing I saw someone post as a response to a friend linking an op-ed in support of Kaepernic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I thought that was murder 2 though? How is that manslaughter?

Because a cop did it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's probably also because the prosecution knows they probably can't convince a jury to convict a cop of Murder 2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

If I murder my bitch wife and sancho in the heat of passion I'll get the death penalty, but if I put on a badge and gun down a fat black dude while two other officers and a loving helicopter have my back....

Suddenly worried about your motivation to become a cop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

You know the most worrying thing about applying? If I told them I wasn't comfortable taking a human life in defense of my own unless I knew without a doubt the person I shot was going to kill someone else, I'd be disqualified. :shepicide:

If you're hired I predict it will be a month before you start posting disturbing and racist memes in this thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The same drat article you apparently didn't read posted:

This work focused only on what happens once the police have stopped civilians, not on the risk of being stopped at all. Other research has shown that blacks are more likely to be stopped by the police.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

Someone, somewhere wrote this desperately wishing it were true.

That's why Chip Kelly is supporting Kaepernick. He's hoping other teams will fire good players in a fit of rage that he can pick up cheap and have a decent team next year. drat, that's some fourth dimensional chess poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/780135191385821184

whole roster gonna be in on this by the end of the season

I missed the anthem, what'd the Seahawks do?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ChickenMedium posted:

Any white players take a knee yet? Most of them are probably JJ Watt-style shitheads, but there's got to be some cool offensive lineman at least.

Were there any kickers that never missed a field goal last year? because that's a pretty prime position to take a knee. You have no endorsements to worry bout and if they decide to fire the kicker, there's a dozen teams that wouldn't mind hiring a great kicker, regardless of political controversy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I guess it's something that a lot of teams are doing anything else than just holding their hands on their hearts during the anthem. But I blame all of Russel Wilson's recent injuries on karmic justice for him not taking a knee during the anthem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

God tried to take his knee for him not taking one

:thejoke:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And another unarmed Black man was shot and killed by police in El Cajon California. He was mentally ill and his sister had called 911 for medical help.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't see why they couldn't tase him. Why is it a more sensible course of action to pull a gun out of a holster and kill someone than to pull a taser out of a holster and incapacitate them?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Because if he had a gun, bringing a taser to a gun fight would end poorly for the police officer.

Why, either the cops get him before he shoots or they don't, what advantage does a gun give them that a taser doesn't?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I agree in general, but this issue is a part of a lot of public conversation right now and I don't see it going away with social media exposing the ongoing problems. That makes it more likely (not certain of course) that it will be given more attention by the POTUS. Can anyone actually tell me what they would want to see in terms of policy changes from the candidates and explain why it isn't insane to think Hillary and Donald are alike when it comes to the issue of racial inequality?

At the very least Hillary Clinton understands that Stop and Frisk is a worthless police tactic that does nothing for public safety and fosters distrust among police and Black Americans.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

swickles posted:

er.

Not sure if it tops the "code carved into bone so when the computer scans it forms a virus that makes the computers overheat" scene from Bones.

That's so loving insane it almost makes me want to watch Bones, but then I remember the show stars the lesser talented Deschanel sister and Angel with jowls.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

have body cams automatically stream to Youtube and not able to be turned off by the cop wearing it, that'd be tight

You're getting into privacy issues now, I got burgled and let the cops into my house voluntarily, but I wouldn't want them live streaming that poo poo, and I bet people who have their homes illegally searched wouldn't want a live stream of that either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Notorious RBG is like 115 years old, of course she's not completely woke. Whether or not she supports Kaepernick's protest doesn't matter, that she respects his right to do it is the important part.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

I had a roommate from Buffalo, he was a wild dude, loved to brew coffee in a French press with boiling milk instead of water

That's basically just a quick and dirty latte.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Makes you wonder what else Nantz says when the microphones are off :raise:

I can think of 14 words he probably says.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ehud posted:

everyone who supports him will be angry for a week and then do nothing

I'm really going to enjoy 2016's version of White people mourning Romney.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Communism has always been on the side of black rights. I don't know how much that has to do with mutual hate of Rich Whitey but they've always been down with the movements

Have they? I know the wobblies in Washington State got their start by inciting a lot of anti Chinese sentiment (because ports were hiring Chinese dock workers willing to work for a lot less than what the standard pay was for their white counterparts).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My money is on Trump committing an impeachable offense in the first 2 years, and not BS "lied under oath about sex" impeachable offense, but full on breaking into a psychiatrist's office in order to steal confidential documents. And it won't even be for something useful, it will be some random teenager whose small hands joke got re-tweeted too much.

• Locked thread