Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its about getting your rear end kicked super hard and at the end shouting "You never got me down Ray"

Which, to be fair, was pretty goddamned awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Well, protest is about pushing your allies as much as it is about challenging your enemies. Should MLK have held off on the "I Have a Dream" speech because Kennedy was president?

Yes, also on not killing himself.

--J.E. Hoover

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

y'all mother fuckers falling for the worst concern troll in awhile

shameful

I fell for a guy arguing that using Over/Under in the wrong way was actually acceptable the other day :negative:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FIRST TIME posted:

Husain Abdullah got fined but I don't think Tebow ever did? :confused:

He got flagged not fined, and the NFL said they screwed up afterwards and it shouldn't have been called.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cravius posted:

Yeah, but I don't think he would've done it if he had anything to lose

Eh he still has things to lose. If that bleacher report thing is right he lost a lot of places to play backup QB/try to resurrect his career at the very least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Whole lotta Fulgencio Bautista apologists itt

My favorite random sports radio caller take I've ever heard was comparing Miguel Bautista to Fulgencio Batista and saying the Royals had banished him from America never to return just like Castro did to Fulgencio. In the playoffs last year after KC clinched that series.

I mean...what?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Colin Kaepernick using his hatred of Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, Apple Pies, The Troops, Bald Eagles, George Washington and the United States of America to style on Chargers backups

Does the spoiler even matter at this point? Seems about as impressive either way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

No, no, deaths of cops is lower then deaths from lightning strikes per year.

I was like...I thought I saw something about this but...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

misdirectomy posted:

Yo dudes I checked the gently caress out from football for a while, is Kaepernick expected to start week 1?

I think it's Gabbert, but Kaep is the backup and will stay on the team (pending a potential announcement tomorrow afternoon).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am convinced that I, the dumbest least informed poster on TFF, could be a better sports analyist than anyone on ESPN

He makes a lot of dumb statements but as far as draft analysis goes I can actually appreciate the guy who you're named after. Just because of that one time the Jags or someone drafted some kid in the 2nd round and everyone sitting at the table had no clue who he was. Not like they were just wrong about what type of player he was, they had no idea a person by that name existed. Then they go to Kiper and he gives a full breakdown of the guy.

He's an idiot but damned if he doesn't at least do his best to be prepared.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

c0ldfuse posted:

Can anyone actually give me a reason as to why the national anthem even needs to be played before the start of a game anyway?

I think there's a pretty good argument that it cheapens the impact of the anthem.

Like, imagine if they usually don't play it and then break it out for 9/11. That could be a powerful bit of imagery. I'm sure many if not all stadiums will do something special on Sunday, but the anthem itself will not be particularly different from any other game. Instead for whatever reason it's become tradition and tonight before the Twins who are 29.5 games out of first place play a largely meaningless game the anthem will play. Lots of the poor saps who go will be standing, but doing so in concession lines and mostly ignoring the anthem or waiting for it to get the gently caress over so they can get a damned beer before the top of the 1st.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sam bradford lmao posted:

it's only a matter of time before our owner becomes a drooling vegetable

He's pretty close already isn't he? I was under the impression that he basically lucked into Elway being a pretty good front office guy and doesn't really know anything that's going on with the team.

e: Oh, Alzheimer's. Yeah, that'll do it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Marcus Peters has a new celebration while walking away that I did not notice at all during the game. First pick:

Second:

Also this shirt (Newton reference for whoever isn't familiar with him)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know what show that is but I hate it, even if Quannell's take there was decent.

e: did I fall for a trap here? I'm not familiar with Quannell X.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 28, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

e: did I fall for a trap here? I'm not familiar with Quannell X.

I honestly thought this might have been set up to make him look good, but no. This is a regular thing for that station?

I mean gently caress that station for letting the white guy in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gynecolojustice posted:

I would never want to be a cop, but I would love to be a detective

Well if no one else is going to link it, here then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Like poo poo what justification is there for shooting at that social worker in Florida laying on his back with his hands in the air screaming about how the dude next to him is just a mentally deficient guy with a toy truck

Like gently caress what's the loving justification

What is it

He wasn't close enough to hear him saying please don't shoot the other guy, he doesn't have a gun and is playing with a toy truck. Then he got scared of the truck, and shot at the other guy but hit him, because they are professionals.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cops and/or pigs should probably have sufficient training and less toys. The hottest of takes.

Actually feral hogs with good training is a terrifying idea, scratch the thing after cops.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I somehow missed this.

quote:

Leah Tysse, a singer chosen to perform ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at a Sacramento Kings exhibition game on Monday evening, took a knee during the song’s final stanza in protest of what she calls the “deep system of institutionalized racism in America.”

Tysse happens to be white for whatever it's worth. Anyway, minorly interesting, but looking her up I found out that bluelivesmatter.blue exists and now I'm just tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Have they? I know the wobblies in Washington State got their start by inciting a lot of anti Chinese sentiment (because ports were hiring Chinese dock workers willing to work for a lot less than what the standard pay was for their white counterparts).

I hope you're right because I'm just floating around this thread waiting for a chance to talk about Hoover and I think that gets me closer to the goal.

e: On reflection Spoeank's post gives me free reign anyway. I am giving forums poster African Aids Cum a list of 200+ posters who are card carrying communists should he buy out his ban.

Hmm, this doesn't seem as damaging around here as it was back then.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 19, 2016

• Locked thread