Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I'm so disappointed Kap's non-vote broke America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

My guess would be he A.) believes it cannot be changed and has taken on a philosophy of disengagement. B.) He's a literal Marxist who believes violent revolution is our only savior.

C.) The Democratic candidate for the Presidency was so clearly poo poo that the dude was simply part of millions of other people who could not be fear mongered into going and voting for her.

It's p cool though, I mean, knowing that my simply voting makes me more special than a fella who used his stage to make a statement that got massive attention towards a particularly troubling societal problem. Along with the money and time he's now devoting towards actual activism. It feels good being even more awesome than that, simply for casting a ballot in a state that might as well have wiped it's rear end with my opinion on where it's electoral ballots should have gone.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

We've now learned he's never registered to vote, ever. so your premise is bunk.

I mean, he's a young dude, so he probably just never got around to it... being that he's been completely focused on football since he was pretty much 9.

Well, yeah, I seriously doubt pre-woke Kaep gave a single poo poo about his vote while completely obsessing over achieving an NFL career, I don't find it fair to judge everyone on whether they decided to become politically active the moment they reached adulthood. I'm not even trying to argue that he shouldn't have voted, but it's just not this massive indictment of his commitment to changing anything. It's just not hard for me to give it to the guy that he has some sort of argument for not caring about his vote in this election, when it comes to the presidency.

Also, President Hilldawg would be better in a 4 year sense, but if we maybe survive our Christian Fascist Vice President and Trump's egomaniacal reign there's a possible reality now for a Democratic party that brings back some badly needed populism into our system. I'll take a shot at that reality just as quickly as the risk of incumbent Clinton facing a loving Ted Cruz 2020 type of horrorshow reality.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

[sticks power drill up nose]

Tanking doesn't work in the NFL, which is designed to reward it, why would it work in real life? And let me tell you, a lot of people aren't going to survive this. But I'm sure you'll appreciate their sacrifice.

It is very presumptive of you to assume someone you're talking to has any of the required privilege to survive the worst of what this presidency could cause.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

My apologies, I thought you were being cavalier. But if you are worried about basic survival under Trump, were you really expecting the same under Hillary?

I absolutely believed Hillary was a better option for the next 4 years, particularly when it comes to the SCOTUS. I also bought in on the expertise that she'd win, I just assumed she'd be a weak incumbent against who knows what the Republicans may have produced in 2020. Trump is still the second most scary president this election could have produced, to me, when compared with Ted Cruz. Although with Pence as the second in command, I don't feel much better off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Spoeank posted:

"I feared Trump would usher in the apocalypse but I didn't trust Hillary. I stand by my Gary Johnson vote," you mutter to yourself as you watch the 2018 Hunger Games

The Hunger Games wouldn't be nearly demeaning enough. I'm pretty sure we'll be proving our worth for survival via reality show.

• Locked thread