Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cravius posted:

I could care less about Kapernick but going from pariah to hero for protesting the flag of all things is pretty funny.

Protest the flag every day. Piss on it preferably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Goons love a good dogpile, no matter how random.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I fell for a guy arguing that using Over/Under in the wrong way was actually acceptable the other day :negative:

How did that work?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Scionix posted:

mothershitting fuzzy skinner here with the freaking insanely hot take

Everyone is wrong, a nuanced and fresh take

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

When you hedge that hard you are going to be at least be partially right tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

'I'm going to take a stand against racism'

'Also, Fidel Castro owns'

well, I guess he's not #woke to everything

Castro does indeed own.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yes let's stop being racist against Fidel Castro.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

fidel castro iswas a self absorbed retard with mildly better politics than average so it's fitting he's mentioned itt

Blitz7x posted:

White people: why can't black people just protest normally like civilized folks

Black person: sits quietly during the national anthem

White people: no!!!!! Not like that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

"CASTRO OWNS"

I almost cut myself on that edgy take. What the gently caress. Seek help.

Anyways, I was thinking about this to myself. Whether I dislike the concept of this or dislike the player. I really thought about it, and I decided I put LeBron James in his placer. Now would LeBron do such a thing? I don't know if he would. I don't think he would want a distraction to effect his team. This isn't to say I couldn't see him doing similar socially active things, but the actions that Kaepernick has done doesn't seem to match the type of thing I would see out of a LeBron or even a Carmelo Anthony.

But if LeBron did it, would I support him? I think I would. LeBron has built up enough good will with me and a lot other people that are fans of his that such an action would have made us take notice.

I think that's part of my problem with this. Kaepernick has came across as a dipshit over the past couple of years.

Why do you hate Castro so much, are you Rush in real life?

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 1, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You're old enough to know the answer to this question.

But he shouldn't be. Even Cuban Expats are finally letting go.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I think they're letting go because they (at least the younger generation) believe that Obama opening up relations/trade the best way to get rid of Castro and co. Overthrow him with McDonalds and Coca Cola instead of exploding cigars.

Whatever the politics are, it is a stupid piece of clothing to wear if you're protesting racism.

I don't think the younger generation hate him at all, as they have no reason too. You could be right about the older generation. Though that seems a little to subtle for them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Why do people hate Trump so much? Hell, he hasn't even been elected yet to put his lovely ideas into practice.

Oh right, it's normal for people to dislike really awful humans. Huh. Who knew?

Fidel Castro is cool and good. Name me one policy of his that was bad. He was still miles better than Bautista.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

The whole "purging political " enemies would be 9ne

Also being dictator for life.

Got to do what you got to do, leaving them alone would have been insane.

Hell he just purged them and they still came back.

Luckily JFK was a bit of a wuss.

Edit: hell no one hates Doc Duvall who was much worse in the same timeframe.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 2, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

+ the virulent racism and homophobia.

Find me one person who doesn't have those traits at the time.

Also the answer is Bosa, duh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Colin Kaepernick using his hatred of Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, Apple Pies, The Troops, Bald Eagles, George Washington and the United States of America to style on Chargers backups

Communism has powered his dead arm.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Colin deciding to make a secondary career out of loving with white people is the best.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ehud posted:

hobo: spare some change? it sure would help me

goon: well, actually....

I could give you my spare change, but I could give more so why bother?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one denies this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Statistically you have a better shot at God descending to help you than the police.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cravius posted:

Think of me as Kapernick, sitting down for what I believe in no matter how bullshit it is.

Black people getting gunned down is bullshit? I thought you were concern trolling, but you might be straight up dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Maybe he was just speaking in general.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spoeank posted:

oh noooo Kaepernick veered into "Mercator Projection is Racist" territory on twitter

How does that come up?

Also it's extremely banal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

All this is going to do is give working class whites and working class blacks yet another reason to hate each other. As a rich dude, this is great news because that's been our best method of social control for the last forever years.

In other news, everyone's favorite douche has set up a charity. Every TD Roethlisberger throws will buy another bulletproof vest for a police dog! https://www.arlnow.com/2016/09/08/ben-roethlisberger-donating-k-9-vests-to-acpd/ No matter where you stand on Kaep's crawl toward Golgotha, you should stand for invincible service animals :911:

Lol if you think working class whites need a reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Agreed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The Seahawks cheerleaders form a pair of human towers and then Sherman+Chancellor fly into them from the side.

Pete Carrol will then throw the challenge flag

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Jed York > a democratic organization owned by the people

Those people are all white tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DJExile posted:

Trent Dilfer still playing that "b-b-but the distractions!!" card

“My wife and I had been introduced to some really disturbing stuff and other social injustices: Childhood slavery in our country. And I’d gone to a couple seminars and presentations where we got really deep in the weeds about this issue. It became a passion of ours to help fight this battle of childhood slavery around the country and I had a very big platform in Seattle and I could have leveraged being a Seattle Seahawk, being an NFL quarterback, done a lot to get that message out there, but I chose not to at the sake of not wanting to disrupt the team and I never want to draw attention to myself, and take it away from Matt, the rest of our team and our preparation to win.”

Wait is this a real quote.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait what did Sean do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It reads like an onion article.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't think he knows what Richard did. I think he assumes you are talking about his inaction rather than the fact he came out openly on the opposite side.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Apathy is a much more effective deterrent than the police. So meh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol got some real gangsters in this thread

I don't think anyone from the police union posts here to be honest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The kind of rules lawyering that would make a sovereign citizen proud.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

Oh, I guess we hadn't heard anything from this dumbass yet:

https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/777533816659283968

Does....does he think Colin is protesting the concept of football?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

American flag waving high and proud after an American victory over the British Navy in a war started over the impressment of American sailors? Is Colin ok with the brits just kidnapping our sailors?

When in reality we just was red Canada. Sucks they had to be bitches about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

General Dog posted:

I live in the US and I'm tuning it out just fine :)

A white man ignoring black people problems ain't new.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They found a way to make a teenager in a suburb look like a harden criminal to get Zimmerman free, this is child's play for any lawyer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hardened.

And if you think that was at all difficult given that kids past with violence in school alone, then you really don't know that case.

These people can turn a 19 year old virgin from Tennessee who was raped into a huge sorority slut who craves gangbangs. Making a black guy look terrifying is absolutely nothing to them.

I am painfully aware of everything in that case and I stand by my point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn't really support your point in the way you want it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

So I just wanna thank whoever bought that banner ad, real Bang Up Job you did there.

I am on mobile what is it

• Locked thread