Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So let me get this straight. Colin Whatshisface refuses to stand for the National Anthem...
a song that thousands of men and women have died protecting...and gets nothing. But the Dallas Cowboys petition the league to wear a sticker on their helmets honoring the 5 fallen police officers that their city is STILL reeling from, and are denied.
It's no secret how much I despise the NFL, but it's baffling how they've gotten so big that people just don't care anymore. They could go shoot a guy in the middle of Fifth Avenue, and they wouldn't lose any viewers.
All I can say is that they better not have the balls to say they support the troops anymore, because this is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

African AIDS cum posted:

Black Lives Matter spins a false narrative about police violence and Kaepernick is a desperate loser on the way out of town being coddled by the media. Sad. His conclusions are based on bad facts. There is NOT an epidemic of white racist police murdering unarmed black men. Police are more likely to use deadly force against a threatening white person than a black one. These bad facts are not simple error, either, they are part of a campaign of deceit. It's not someone dumb who thinks the earth is flat, its someone famous telling kids the earth is flat. Bad facts are always offensive because the truth is an absolute good.

see mine was a quote from someone else

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

beautiful

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

but unless you're actually going to do something to help, it's extremely hollow and self indulgent

You want Kaepernick to kill a cop?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Hmm maybe because the anthem kicks rear end and is about kicking British rear end in war and sports are like war in a way

Its pretty clearly not about kicking rear end

Its about getting your rear end kicked super hard and at the end shouting "You never got me down Ray"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

Pat yourselves on the back guys. You're definitely cool and edgy for making GBS threads on people who "support are troops" and retards who like honoring America lmao

Kaepernick is honoring America and the soldiers who died defending it by representing America's sacred values of political expression and the right to stand by your own moral mandate

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I can't reach my back because I'm too swole will you pat it for me

Flex really hard and have your traps high five each other

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

And people who think he's an idiot for believing that standing for the flag = supporting racism get to express that opinion too

yeah but they are dumb and wrong so who cares

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

After every first down you need to kiss a bible and jack off a bald eagle show your respect for this country

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cravius posted:

Freaking rednecks who think the flag means something are dumb and racist and I won't support players who share this opinion. (Posts long defense of Kapernicks right to free speech).

The american flag means bud light, blonde twins with big hooters, and burning coal down by the quarry in your F150

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

Kaep going after that elusive deadlifting IT worker market

Goon mod mocks man for being employed and physically fit

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lacks the snappy brevity of the other one

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Man Tony taking a lot of heat bc of some jackass running on the track during a goddamn race

Yeah its not like Tony Stewart had a long history of endangering other drivers with sudden aggression on the track or anything

*looks at wiki*

Oh... oh no...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah it's entirely the fault of the other guy tho man you don't get out of a loving race car and charge him on the track

Oh I know

Its kind of funny that Tony Stewart did that at least three times though

He climbed into a guys window on a caution flag once even

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

tony stewart is bad. or good i dont remember. can someone tell me their opinion of joe paterno now please

409*

*-raped children

cravius posted:

Oh lol I guess that's you guys too.

no we are right and cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

probate parm for one day every time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

How did this thread even get about me?

HEy guys *shits on floor*

Hey why are you making this thread all about me?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

y'all mother fuckers falling for the worst concern troll in awhile

shameful

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I couldn't possibly care less about what Colin K says or does, but it's hilarious to see people on Facebook yelling about this. Saying stuff like the anthem is a sign of respect for the people that bring us out freedoms yadda yadda so he should be stand whether he likes it or not without seeing the irony of that statement.

I was amazed at the guy on my facebook talking about how soldiers died protecting the anthem

LIke, I imagining a platoon of soldiers gunned down while Hitler holds a gun to the head of the national anthem

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you know what concrete thinking is a sign of?

A cemented position?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pmchem posted:

Nope, sorry, sincere disagreement. Amazingly, it sometimes happens on the internet!

then you dumb as hell bro and its just as pointless to talk to you

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fsif posted:

Hey Drew Brees weighed in. Did anyone talk about how Drew Brees weigh in?

let's all hop in a time machine back to 2009 when anyone gave a gently caress about Drew Brees

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sam bradford lmao posted:

Drew "Guantanamo Bay is a vacation resort" Brees

So if I understand Brees, he would be fine with Kaep standing up and giving the finger mid-anthem

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

It's an easy to way to brush off someone's point without having to actually address it

welcome to debate in the age of internet

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's almost like football players are universally dumb mother fuckers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Oh my god I just realized how close we are to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy discussing this before the season opener.

Oh my god.

bobbingheadguyputsguntohead.gif

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

indigi posted:

of all the weeks for Bomani Jones to be on vacation

He actually did a write up about it for the Undefeated

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*coughs, struggles red-faced to breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fsif posted:

I knew someone that thought Kaepernick was Italian.

I always assumed Latino tbh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Miko dropping truth bombs on twitter like it's an afghani wedding.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

gently caress yeah Miko keep going baby you psycho

You need to quit unfairly smearing Miko just because she consistently put your bitch team on righteous blast

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sam bradford lmao posted:

/

lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Every time Jerry Rice put his hand over his heart for the national anthem he had a hard time peeling it back off

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

read-worthy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pimp Cauldron posted:

I don't think he meant to equate being black with going to war but, well, yeah

Yeah, you have a much better chance of surviving going to war

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

White people: why can't black people just protest normally like civilized folks

Black person: sits quietly during the national anthem

White people: no!!!!! Not like that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blitz broke the loving code

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

woke Kaep loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I want a Kaep and Kluwe podcast

• Locked thread