Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Pat yourselves on the back guys. You're definitely cool and edgy for making GBS threads on people who "support are troops" and retards who like honoring America lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kaepernick is honoring America and the soldiers who died defending it by representing America's sacred values of political expression and the right to stand by your own moral mandate

And people who think he's an idiot for believing that standing for the flag = supporting racism get to express that opinion too

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Freaking millionaire QBs who won't honor murica and show their loyalty (flies stars and bars)

Freaking rednecks who think the flag means something are dumb and racist and I won't support players who share this opinion. (Posts long defense of Kapernicks right to free speech).

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The american flag means bud light, blonde twins with big hooters, and burning coal down by the quarry in your F150

Agreed

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I could care less about Kapernick but going from pariah to hero for protesting the flag of all things is pretty funny.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

cravius posted:

I could care less about Kapernick

ok guy

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anyone's said that Kapernick shouldn't be allowed to protest. They just think his opinion is dumb and wrong.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah but they are dumb and wrong so who cares

Oh lol I guess that's you guys too.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*-raped children

I think the chick Kaep raped was actually over 18

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Protest the flag every day. Piss on it preferably.

I'm literally shaking right now

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

It's disappointing that Americans can get so upset over something so trivial. We are the kings of blowing things hilariously out of proportion. It's almost as if people are looking to be outraged over something.

The best is the outrage about people's outrage.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

sam bradford lmao posted:

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fake tweet but lol

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770487432148029441

nice

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770416159199993856

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Nate Boyer wrote a thing

https://twitter.com/DaveBoling/status/770764448906686464

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Pimp Cauldron posted:

I don't think he meant to equate being black with going to war but, well, yeah

He was saying that assuming you know what it feels like to be black is as ludicrous as saying you know what it feels like to go to war.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Personally, I think a conflict where one side is all 'Nah, I disagree with you so you aren't allowed to have free speech' is just the sort of new thing this country needed to get back on track. Can't wait to see more random bloggers and old brain damaged football players tell me just which cell in Guantanamo Kaep belongs in

Lmao no one credible is saying he isn't allowed to have free speech. They're just disagreeing with his dumb way of voicing it

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

If you really wanna troll people hard on social media may I suggest this image:

so edgy

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Chromatic posted:

If Kap was still 2012 Kap... imagine the circus. The glorious circus of scorching takes and years long friendships disintegrating through petty facebook arguments.

My god it would have been delicious.

Yeah, but I don't think he would've done it if he had anything to lose

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

v2vian man posted:

i just scrolled quickly through the cravius posts in this thread so you don't have to

you'll never guess, they're rambling, off-target dog poo poo coated in a thin veneer of byob self-quoting irony

Thank you for this on-point deconstruction of my posting itt

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fidel Castro is cool and good. Name me one policy of his that was bad. He was still miles better than Bautista.

This but ironically

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lot of self loathing white folks itt

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Parmesan Basil posted:

lmao cops are intensely stupid and worthless

Until you need them lmao

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

That one therapist dude needed cops, got a bullet in him instead. Stellar work from our people in blue.

Statistically you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than killed by a cop

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Statistically you have a better shot at God descending to help you than the police.

Just lol if you believe this

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

No, no, deaths of cops is lower then deaths from lightning strikes per year.

Somewhere between 10 xand 20x as many people are killed by cops in the US as die by lightning strike. Records are a bit funky because cops sure do lie an awful lot about that sort of thing.

I didn't say killed I said struck

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Gonna back that up, or did you quickly realize how full of poo poo you are and have to back peddle like the Saints secondary?

edit: People should just auto-reply to Cravius with this any time he posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zIYzSN3jGM

The average number of people struck by lightning per year is ~500 according to NOAA.

The numbers I've seen for police killings over the past decade averages slightly less than that. I agree that record keeping as to the latter can be improved.

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 3, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Ahh yes the old killed by the police Facebook page, noted reliable source

Edit: lol at the data in the first picture being based off social media posts

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

misdirectomy posted:

Yo dudes I checked the gently caress out from football for a while, is Kaepernick expected to start week 1?

I personally do, I think he would have been traded or released by now if they were going to move on from him.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

somehow the least informed opinion you've had in the thread

Think of me as Kapernick, sitting down for what I believe in no matter how bullshit it is.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Any way there's no more point in arguing, obviously no one's going to change their minds either way. At least Kaepernick got people talking about race relations and that's pretty cool.

Consider this my meltdown, puppetmaster defense, and huffy thread exit condensed into one post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

I can't imagine that many Freepers are aware women's soccer exists.

WOMEN CAN PLAY WHAT????

• Locked thread