Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Not carrying a knife, not a real Niners fan. What is this fake poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

You can dislike Kaep the QB and not dislike other parts of Kaep the human being.

So confusing to see a Seahawks fan say this. If only it were true outside of sane TFF people 😢

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you discount endorsements that's more reasonable, though I do expect the wealthy to have a greater civic responsibility

You must be gravely disappointed on an hourly basis. How do you even get up in the morning?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tremendous Taste posted:

A subjective figure to be sure. I personally give about 8-10 percent of my income but if I was wealthy I'd give considerably more

Holy poo poo you're precious. Lmao at your performance here.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Are you objecting to charity on principle, or the amount I choose to give?

I hope they aren't objecting to the amount. They need to keep in mind the value of the work you do for your community, which is priceless.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

toxicsunset posted:

when colin kaepernick refused to stand for the flag song a bald eagle fell to my front yard and i tried to resuscitate him but he told me he did not have the will to live anymore and cried a single tear before he died in my arms

I hope you did your patriotic duty and tossed him on a BBQ grill. What kind of rub did you use?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Look man, the rivalry died when Harbaugh left. The Seahawks see the 49ers as their little brother now. They're gonna rough house the 49ers every now and then but they'll always have their back when it comes to the important things.

I think it's more the shared trauma of both losing a SB because they chose to pass instead of run.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Adun posted:

Here I'll stop your problem

https://twitter.com/jodi_mae/status/771854245528076288

Also are Santa Clara cops afraid of being assaulted with tofurkey dogs at games or something

They just really enjoy their police brutality, and were probably inspired by Kaepernick to stand up for what they believe in.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Pope Mobile posted:

Wouldn't it be a bigger statement of the police to come out and say "We'll continue to provide protection for the 49ers games, and Kaep can continue to say what he likes. We're here to protect and serve regardless of what some of the people we're protecting think of us." rather than "YOU HURT OUR FEELINGS! We're taking our ball and going home!"?

https://twitter.com/ByDavidMurphy/status/771920977366228992

It's worse than just that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Well I mean it's now legal precedent that police don't have an obligation to protect and serve

Scalia lived way too loving long.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

A.o.D. posted:

What does he have to do with Warren vs District of Columbia?

I was thinking of a fairly recent Supreme Court case involving a restraining order. But I'm also not a lawyer, and not much of a pedant, so :cheers:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

A.o.D. posted:

Oooh, which one? I love reading about terrible Supreme Court decisons.

This is the one I had in mind, http://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

quote:

Although the protective order did mandate an arrest, or an arrest warrant, in so many words, Justice Scalia said, "a well-established tradition of police discretion has long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes."

Apparently, recent for me is now around a decade. Yay.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Skwirl posted:

I can't imagine that many Freepers are aware women's soccer exists.

...but they're, like, wearing lingerie, right?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The Packers would apparently like to offer an alternative,

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/774020623706181633

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Wow, can't believe they'd donate to a foundation who seemingly has a primary goal of 'fostering cooperation between the community, youth, and the police department' pretty sickening imho. Kick the Packers out of the NFL ASAP

this may sound sarcastic but it's not, gently caress the green bay packers, gently caress them. go lions

Check their "current projects" page. That's a lovely mission statement, but apparently it only goes so far as buying body armor for police? Founded in June of this year, sooooo.

Lmao

quote:

The formation of the Green Bay Police Foundation was officially launched today at a press conference during active shooter training in Green Bay. The first initiative that was discussed was the immediate need for ballistic helmets and ballistic tactical vests to allow officers more safety when responding to high risk calls such as active shooters, parties with firearms, etc. Members of the media were allowed to record officers training in active shooter scenarios, and the Green Bay Police live streamed the event via their Facebook page.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Please remember he's a fan of Russell Wilson; he has no idea what normal proportions are.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

c0ldfuse posted:

Can anyone actually give me a reason as to why the national anthem even needs to be played before the start of a game anyway?

I've never understood it outside of some sort of hosed up jingoism which is pretty much being proven by the responses to this...

https://twitter.com/AmyTrask/status/770450912301101056

It's contrived bullshit, and fairly recent as a league rule.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ehud posted:

The national anthem isn't even a very good song

It also has a (regularly omitted) verse that talks about how great it is we killed the slaves who were fighting alongside the British for their freedom.

Just in case anyone was wondering why Kap picked this particular thing for his protest.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hobbez posted:

So will Kaep just do this game after game season after season and then one day just get bored of it and so stand up and everyones like "woah America's good now we did it ::highfives bro::"

You're assuming he'll still be in the NFL next year?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
So the timeline is basically,

The Seahawks will sit as a team on Sunday.
Local town cancels team rally.
Brandon Marshall dropped by sponsor.
The Seahawks will stand as a team on Sunday.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I guess this is why the Seahawks dropped their plans

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/775412511394836480

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Wow I had no idea this Dax host had such terrible opinions

Pfft, he's not even joined.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think he knows what Richard did. I think he assumes you are talking about his inaction rather than the fact he came out openly on the opposite side.

Though even his "inaction" was pretty bad, as essentially forcing the entire team to stand with linked arms prevented Jeremy Lane from protesting on his own again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Wasn't that when he was loving Aldon Smith's ex?

This.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

v2vian man posted:

Richard Sherman seems like a really smart idiot

He did go to Stanford, after all. That's their most popular major.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Bad by south park standards. Heh.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

poo poo man, it worked for Russell Wilson, why wouldn't Newton follow that example? It honestly seems the only way to go, if you want to get good coverage.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Law enforcement (especially correctional officers) unions are literally the only thing that makes me think organized labor is maybe not a good idea.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

:perfect:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He's also a backup so his life is already mostly over

A backup to Blaine Gabbert, so he honestly probably wants to be dead.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Chip Kelly is woke af: http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Kaepernick-on-Time-cover-Kelly-terms-9239723.php?t=67d30e2043&cmpid=twitter-premium

quote:

“I think it’s an issue — you look at what’s gone on in Tulsa and in Charlotte the last two nights — it’s an issue that’s at the forefront of our country,” Kelly said. “And it needs to be addressed and be taken care of because what’s going on is not right. So I think, again, he’s shedding light on a situation that is heinous. And shouldn’t happen in this country. We all have inalienable rights as a citizen and this country and they’re being violated. And I think that’s what Colin is standing up for.”

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shath Hole posted:

I get your point, but I also think passing over the statistics of large city homicides on the rise because it doesn't fit the narrative is also a wee bit naive don't you think?

e: Anyway, sorry I got us off on a derail. Just saw this graphic and found it interesting and pretty well highlights why Kaep is doing this.

Broken image link?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Imagine reading this article right after the Riley Cooper news broke, when Chip kept him on the team.

He and Sherman are changed men, apparently. Or else just really good at triangulation.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm giving up on the NFL as a result of the Kaepernick protests. If no team is brave enough to trade for and start Kaepernick, then the NFL has failed America.

Wait till after the Seahawks game. He may not need to be traded to start.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

There is no justification.

"Black people make me nervous, and I can't* say why."

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Doug Baldwin has claimed that some owners have told players to fall in line for the national anthem.

Isn't that basically what he already told his teammates?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Reddit made something...good?

Niners are still going to lose out the season, but at least it might be entertaining now.

Edit: (from giphy)

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 11, 2016

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

7hi777orm

C'mon man. Consistency is key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

would love it if they winded themselves and we get a 0-3 laugher

So would I, but mostly because I think the Bills are going to kill the Niners :(

• Locked thread