Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's just coincidence that capitalism reigns and any alternatives are dealt with swiftly on a national level meanwhile the wealthy have more money than theyve ever had before while you and I get to eat poo poo and be glad it's not a bullet

Luxury Communism posted:

An elitist moneyed class controls or attempts to control the political machinations of the entire world, yes.

Do they call themselves "illuminati"? Does it matter? They are Illuminati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
The wealthiest people ever aren't colluding to steer policy, politicians and conflict to their mutual benefit or anything like that.

Yea ok they've been doing it since last century but it's a crazier world now

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I mean they are but they don't all agree with each other on what their mutual benefit is exactly. Plus there's def rich people out to screw other rich people. They're still human with all the faults and weaknesses that entails.

If it was that locked down those free trade agreements would get pushed through with 0 peeps from anyone.

The lower rich are free to squabble over their pittance while the truly wealthy are very much influencing policy, buying sympathetic politicians, and violating all of mother nature's orifices for their own prolonged profit

Edit: free and global trade is the way of the world now. Just because one measure or another didn't pass unanimously don't assume that the global elite haven't gotten drat near everything they wanted to maintain their growing fortunes

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 30, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Spoken like a true middling.

• Locked thread