Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

VendaGoat posted:

In this EXTREMELY hypothetical manner.

Would you? Could you ever believe me?

Sure, I believe you understand the nature of reality. But I also believe you are probably an idiot who eats paint off the radiator, so who really gives a poo poo what you understand?

If you aren't going to do anything with it what's the point?

It's like asking 'what if my dog knows calculus?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

fresh_cheese posted:

, so who really gives a poo poo what you understand?

This may have been too harsh.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Then your dog would be worlds apart from yourself. :)

It's not that enlightenment itself is useless, but more that it is merely one step in the right direction. Presuming one opens one eye, what then is the second step?

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

For a good cheese?

I'd walk a mile.

poo poo, I drove three hours for good cheese once. Nicely aged parmesan areggiano and a hunk of fresh bread...

God that was good.

See, the trick is getting to do more stupid poo poo like that and less filling out forms at the DMV.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Enlightenment goes in 47 directions but you can only pick one.

Enlightenment does not have a direction any more than three dimensional space has color.

When you're searching for a place that's not even on a map, it doesn't really matter which direction you go. Just go, and be open to the journey so that your real destination can find you.

• Locked thread