Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
he should get a 3DS and a vita. then when one runs out of battery he can play the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

no they will not posted:

he should get a 3DS and a vita. then when one runs out of battery he can play the other

Fantastic strat. Has yet to fail me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
If the flight had wi fi you could even use the vita's ps4 link to play ps4 games on the plane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If your on a flight with plugs in between the seats you can carry on your Wii u and play games on the gamepad with the system plugged in while it stays in its bag

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

If your on a flight with plugs in between the seats you can carry on your Wii u and play games on the gamepad with the system plugged in while it stays in its bag

Nuoh my god.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Fantastic strat. Has yet to fail me.

Batmanesque utility charging belt for handheld gaming battery packs and handheld gaming accessories.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there are many good board game apps on android i could recommend OP, if you think you might be interested

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkwHhog8LU8

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lords of Midnight is a really old rpg/strategy game that has a phone port. It's astoundingly complicated for a game that fit onto a casette tape

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

i didnt even hear of it until like 2 years ago... i ignored jrpgs for 20 years after i realised i stopped playing most of them after like 10 hours

I do this with jrpgs too (and most games that aren't shooters or Tony Hawk, honestly) but I finished TWEWY, I dunno how good the phone port is but if it's decent it's definitely worth getting.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Snakebird's a free download but it's just the first 5 levels or something, i think it's $4 to unlock the rest of the game. TWEWY is an excellent port and the graphics and sound quality are way better than the DS version and the changes to the battle system so it works on one screen are subjective but I almost prefer it on smartphones. Dream Quest is probably my favorite phone game ever and it's a roguelike card battler with Ascension/Dominion style deckbuilding and tons of persistent unlockables and I could probably play it for 9 hours. And one more that comes to mind is Auro which is a cool (and very tough) puzzle game from the crazy fighting game guy who did Yomi.

edit: oh I forgot , Road Not Taken just got a phone port and it's great. It's a weird and brutally hard puzzle game with randomly generated levels and some light RPG/adventure/dating sim elements. Very bleak and depressing story too

edit edit: none of these games have any kind of online component or necessary connections or whatever btw and they're all up front purchases without microtransactions. i think the TWEWY port added some "cheat" DLC like in Fire Emblem and SMTIV but it's totally unnecessary

goferchan fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 30, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

:staredog:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

goferchan posted:

TWEWY is an excellent port and the graphics and sound quality are way better than the DS version and the changes to the battle system so it works on one screen are subjective but I almost prefer it on smartphones.

Dang that's sick, I might have to get it & replay through, it's been a bit.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Bean's Quest
Bean Dreams
Super Stickman Golf 2
Super Stickman Golf 3

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

If the flight had wi fi you could even use the vita's ps4 link to play ps4 games on the plane

i actualyq have a foot-pedal powered crank that i set in the floor that cgarges my devices. 2,000-3,000 cranks get me about an hour of usage, pretty cool and its great for enviroment, you barely know i was even doing it except for a vaguely muffled plastic crank noise.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i actualyq have a foot-pedal powered crank that i set in the floor that cgarges my devices. 2,000-3,000 cranks get me about an hour of usage, pretty cool and its great for enviroment, you barely know i was even doing it except for a vaguely muffled plastic crank noise.

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hat Thoughts posted:

Dang that's sick, I might have to get it & replay through, it's been a bit.

If you like the music it's a big deal especially because on the DS all the tracks are cut down to like half as long as they're supposed to be and looped because of space constraints and the phone version has all the songs at full length

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i wish twewy would go on sale .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

i wish twewy would go on sale .

i'm looking at the price history and they dropped it to 50% over xmas a couple years ago but it hasn't seen a sale since then. it was totally broken on current versions of ios for like a year though until they fixed it fairly recently so maybe that's why they haven't bothered with more sales. square usually does big app store sales in september tho so hopefully it'll get a discount again this year

edit: oh and i've been playing it on the beta version of upcoming ios10 with no problems so presumably it's not gonna become unplayable again when that update drops for everyone later this year

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

pretty smooth

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

i'm looking at the price history and they dropped it to 50% over xmas a couple years ago but it hasn't seen a sale since then. it was totally broken on current versions of ios for like a year though until they fixed it fairly recently so maybe that's why they haven't bothered with more sales. square usually does big app store sales in september tho so hopefully it'll get a discount again this year

edit: oh and i've been playing it on the beta version of upcoming ios10 with no problems so presumably it's not gonna become unplayable again when that update drops for everyone later this year

It also works perfect on my ds

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

look. let me just play the drat game on a 800 dollar phone with professor yospos over there

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i never really understood how to do the combat on the 2nd screen [pretty sure i just pressed left a lot, sometimes right but mostly left], and i still cleared everything including the post game up to the true last boss on the highest difficulty [he had 2 meny drat hp], so really you don't need an ipad ,...or do you?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never really understood how to do the combat on the 2nd screen [pretty sure i just pressed left a lot, sometimes right but mostly left], and i still cleared everything including the post game up to the true last boss on the highest difficulty [he had 2 meny drat hp], so really you don't need an ipad ,...or do you?

they took out all the second screen stuff for ios, you only control the main guy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

but I have no shame in admitting i needed my friend to help play the top screen while I played the bottom when fighting the sunglasses guy on max difficulty

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

thanks to some buds in a YOSPOS discord I know I was able to combine 2 iPads and make (what I call) The Newnew Nintendo 3DS+

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

thanks to some buds in a YOSPOS discord I know I was able to combine 2 iPads and make (what I call) The Newnew Nintendo 3DS+

I don't believe you.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

flying sucks. i get really bad headaches and can't get any gaming done. i'd recommend popping a few sleeping pills and hope you sleep through most of the flight.

but for game, how about King of Dragon Pass? it's on iphone not sure if it's on android, though. Tetris is always fun and picross is neat.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cubivore_ posted:

flying sucks. i get really bad headaches and can't get any gaming done. i'd recommend popping a few sleeping pills and hope you sleep through most of the flight.

but for game, how about King of Dragon Pass? it's on iphone not sure if it's on android, though. Tetris is always fun and picross is neat.

i didnt ask for flying advice bitch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You just flapper your drat wings and let the wind currency take care of the rest. Difficult much?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

the plane has usb ports to charge my phone so hopefully battery shouldnt be an issue. im looking at twewy or one of the dragon quests but i heard some of the phone ports are messed up for dq. i dont own a 3ds or a laptop and its a budget flight to japan which means you have to pay $10 to watch a movie lmfao

DQ4 port on phone is what I play on planes

i am also flying to japan soon but it's a much longer fligth

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also OP I'm assuming you've already played Final Fantasy Tactics?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My #1 is don't let your arms get tired.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

My #1 is don't let your arms get tired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

also OP I'm assuming you've already played Final Fantasy Tactics?

for a couple of hours 12 years ago :troll:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
*exasperated producer/director voice*

christ! can somebody please get this guy a 3DS???

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

for a couple of hours 12 years ago :troll:

the android port is OK, but a little bit buggy, and it eats through battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQhXRymFs1I

If this is possible, you can find a way to do the same on a plane.

• Locked thread